Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sunday 31st December 2017....another year!!!

My Grandma Pearson's favorite hymn was Count your Blessings and part of the chorus says.."Count your blessings name them one by one"!!!!

Well this is a good as time as any for me to do just that!!!

I have so many to count I am so lucky to have such great family even though we have spent our adult lives an ocean apart we remain a close tight knit family and for that I am always grateful....

I have too many wonderful friends to name them individually but you know who you are and how
important you are to me...to you I say a simple  "Thank you"!!!!


Then the list just goes on and on.......

Had my final tennis game of the year yesterday and it was as always a great two hours on the court....

I am really busy with the 3 Kings Toy project but it is and will be so rewarding to see nearly 300 kids get a gift on January 5th 2018..thanks to so many people for helping with this event.


Last night Gracie and went to a theater to see a mentalist...


Thomas Baxter is a full-time professional Mentalist who has performed in 31 countries world-wide. His acclaimed theater show, 'Thomas Baxter’s Thought Control', tours several months each year.
Baxter has also performed his wonders for a slew of Corporate Clients, including several Fortune 500 Companies. His talents have resulted in his being utilized as consultant for a number of feature films (most notably Daredevil, The Santa Clause), television series (Discovery Channel's Grand Illusions: The Story Of Magic, and live theater productions (World Of Wonders; The Cherry Orchard; Nutcracker; The illusion; Taming of the Shrew; Alice Through the Looking Glass.

Some of the things we were, we think, able to figure out but he was truly amazing and at one point he came off the stage and got three people to pick a card out of the deck and not that card to anyone, one of the people he picked was Gracie.  he had her hold it to herself and not show it to anyone, then to my surprise he got me up on stage and asked me a few questions and then he said pick a number from 1 to 10.....I picked number 7...then he asked me to pick a color red or black.....I picked black...then he asked to pick a suite spades or clubs...I picked spades.....then he had Gracie reveal the card she was holding.......yes you have guessed it...she was holding the 7 of spades!!!!

We talked about it for a very long time after and have no idea how he did that....

So here is a question for you?

How many of you have been sun bathing this afternoon?

Am I the only one???

I just want to wish everyone reading a very safe and happy and healthy New year and may all your dreams come true in 2018!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

4 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

Have a great New Year Les!

mexicokid said...

thanks safe and happy travels for you and Juan.....

Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Cheers, Shelagh

mexicokid said...

thanks best wishes back to you lp

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...