Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Tuesday 5th September 2017.........rain!!


When I first met Linda and Guy it was about 15 years ago in the small tourist town of Peurto Penasco in Sonora Mexico...they owned a lovely restaurant that specialized in all you can eat fish and chips(say no more)......

I had dinner and we talked and became very good friends very quickly.  At that time Linda was doing what I now know she does all the time, Pay it forward...and was distributing Christmas gifts for  at a school for children with disabilities....I offered to help and did and it seems ever since where ever we are in the world this is what we have continued to do......

A few years ago Linda and Guy got involved with a cancer hospital for children in Celaya, a town about 40 minute drive away.  The hospital is run almost completely on donations and it serves the whole State and children with cancer come for treatments during the day......Linda met the volunteer coordinator a lovely Mexican lady called Rosalee and they formed a friendship and over the years Linda introduce me into the program and we have both been visiting when we can and bringing items for the children.....we used to be able to go into the clinic and visit with the children who were having treatment and this was a humbling experience and a joy to behold.....things have changed a little now and we tend just to bring items to the clinic for the kids.

So yesterday I drove to the clinic where we brought a dozen soccer balls, interestingly enough the numbers of boys with cancer far out weighs the number of girls!!!!  Linda purchased fruit coloring books and pastries for the kids....


Whilst we were in the office a young kid and his Mum came in and the look on his face when Linda gave him a soccer ball and a book were priceless!!!!!

Linda treated us to a lovely lunch

Rosalee and Linda!!!

It was a perfect way to spend a day!!!

Last night was the first night of my English teaching class there was a huge downpour in the late afternoon and lasted most of the night and I do not know if that effected turn out but I only had three students.

One very talented young man of 17 years attending his last year of high school....another young woman or 22 who works in a clothing store and a married lady with 4 kids who cooks and sell food from her home...they are very lovely and keen to learn and their English is very good...we all introduced ourselves and I had them each come to the front of the class and talk, something they always find hard to do but by the end of the month as I told them they will find it very easy...

I also introduced them to the Pay it forward scheme and that is their home work for Wednesday doing a small act of kindness for someone they don't know.

So the rain put the dampers on my tennis this morning so i am taking the morning to do some cooking before I go to Joe's for my work out this afternoon...

I sure hope that Irma does not cause damage like Harvey!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...