Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday 14th May 2017....Day 36!!!!

Below is copied from my blog last year and it is so true again today so I just copied and pasted the blog!!!!


This I think is my favorite day of the year.....a day when I take it upon myself to praise and say thank you to all the MUMS out there........
Not wanting to sound like a Willie Nelson song but I have had and continue to have many women in my life and many who have touched my life and made me a better man.....so I just want to say hello to them all out there and that also includes those ladies that I have a friendship that are not MUMS still the same message thank you and I appreciate you all being in my life!!!

Of course there is one special MUM I want to tell you about my Doris!!!!!  When I used to call her Doris she just smiled and called me Leslie which is something I did not like to hear......she was a one of a kind and caring and compassionate and lovely person and Malc and I were lucky when it came to getting a MUM!!!!!

My Mum and her three sisters....Top row first in the red Connie, Mum, Winnie and Blanche!!

Isn't she a beauty??
My first official day as a Police officer!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!







This is for my Brother who with his family are staunch Hull fans a sad day for them..this loss will mean the loss of revenue next season in the millions of pounds!!!





Christian Benteke scores Crystal Palace's second goal against Hull City
Christian Benteke has scored 15 Premier League goals this season - the same number as Chelsea's Eden Hazard

Hull City were relegated from the Premier League with one game to go after a heavy defeat at Crystal Palace, a result which secures top-flight survival for Sam Allardyce's team.
Marco Silva's side went behind after a shocking error just two minutes into a game they needed to win to give themselves a fighting chance of survival.
Italy defender Andrea Ranocchia missed a simple clearance, allowing Wilfried Zaha to run clear and slot beyond goalkeeper Eldin Jakupovic.
Christian Benteke's header doubled Palace's lead while late goals from Luka Milivojevic, from the late penalty spot, and substitute Patrick van Aanholt, completed Hull's misery.
The Tigers, who failed to register a shot on target on Sunday, will join Sunderland and Middlesbrough in the Championship next season.
This result also means Swansea City, who were bottom of the table and four points from safety at the start of 2017, stay up.







Hull City are relegated 12 months after winning promotion by beating Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship play-off final

Where did it go wrong for Hull?

Hull are back in the second tier one year after winning promotion at Wembley by beating Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship play-off final.
Their plans following a Premier League return seemed to be in disarray when manger Steve Bruce left in July following a breakdown in his relationship with vice-chairman Ehab Allam.
Mike Phelan was appointed caretaker for the start of the campaign and the former Manchester United assistant steered the Tigers to back-to-back wins. He was named manager of the month for August.
However, the season quickly unravelled with Hull winning just one of the next 18 league games before Phelan was sacked on 3 Januaryafter less than three months in the role.
The Tigers were also rocked by the loss of £10m midfield summer signing Ryan Mason to a fractured skull after clashing heads with Chelsea's Gary Cahill.
Then Robert Snodgrass, who remains the club's leading league scorer this season with seven goals, joined West Ham for £10.2m.
Silva took over with the club rooted to the foot of the table and despite six wins in eight home games, the Portuguese failed to mastermind an away win in nine attempts


So what I am up to and what am I going to do today I have never done before????

Well before I tell you that I have to show you the scene outside my bedroom window this morning....
 Now I know you are not supposed to feed these animals but I thought on Mother's day a few pieces of apple would be OK.... so I cut some small sections and threw them on the grass and sure enough Mum came closer...
 and then really close...check out that tongue!!!


I bet it kept a lot of you up and awake last night wondering what I was up to today!!!!!!!!

OK no more suspense...... I am going to take my very first Greyhound bus trip...off to see my fabulous friends Gail and Larry who live in Kelowna....




Heather dropped me off at the ferry terminal this morning and i caught the 10.30 am ferry to Horseshoe Bay



..then took a shuttle bus to the Greyhound Bus station in down town Vancouver




 and at 2.30 pm boarded the bus


 for the 5 hour drive to Kelowna....I have driven this route many time so it was nice to be a passenger and enjoy some of the mountain passes......



 Kelowna sits on this huge and beautiful lake and this is the new bridge!!!



Everything went well and on schedule and Larry was at the terminal to meet me..always good to come visit G & L treat me so well....we last saw each other in February when they came to SMA for a couple of days with other friends Darlene and Doug!!

My room!!!!!
5 stars for sure!!!

Gail made a wonderful dinner and we just spent the evening catching up on our lives......

So there anew enterprise for me...I am here till Wednesday and going to enjoy my stay!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!





No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...