Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday 14th November 2016.....full moon!!!

YESSSSS!!!!  That is blue sky you see!!!

My day started this morning with Bonnie coming to my casita to give me my Spanish lesson..Bonnie is the lady I met when I advertised on the Civil list for someone to help me set up my phone.....She is a young vibrant American lady with a Master's degree...the lesson I enjoyed and this was just a test for both of us to see if we fit and even though parts of me thinks I may need a Native speaker I have hired Bonnie for two lessons a week......she was very patient with me and has given me homework and I am happy to be getting some Spanish work even though I do try to speak with my limited vocabulary when I am out!!!

Now some history when I fist started coming to San Miguel over 8 years ago I got involved with Paolo and Daniela through the Cathlothic home where they resided, Casa Hogar.....both girls had parents but for whatever reason they were not staying at home but in Casa Hogar.....at that time the Coordinator at the home was Robin, who became a very dear and lovely friend, with some small help from me we organized many outings and parties for the girls and life was easy.
I was the only male allowed to go to the home unannounced and do things with the girls, I also did manual work like washing windows and one delightful "chore" I had one term was to drive and pick up 5 of the infants to and from school.......

Without getting into details all of this changed when the Madres changed....Paola went back to live with her Mother and I saw much more of her but I was not allowed to see Daniela and I was also not allowed at Casa Hogar.

I continued to spend time with Paola and had her enrolled in fencing classes, gym classes and every Saturday with her two younger Brothers we spent the afternoon at the water slide park.....this all changed when Paola's Mum got involved with a man who turned out to mistreat the family and they moved and I was unable to locate them even though I explored every means at my disposal...so I have not seen Paola for close to 20 months and I just hope that one day I see her on the street and we can re connect.

Before I left on my big journey I found at where Daniela was attending school and I went to visit her there and in recent times we have exchanged messages on Face Book but I will go back to the school this week to see if I can visit with her....

The reason for that history lesson is this morning I met Robin for a light lunch this afternoon and to my lovely surprise she brought one of the girls Anna, who used to be in Casa Hogar and I always liked Anna.....well Anna actually ran into my arms and seemed so thrilled to see me as I was her..Robin told me she now lives with a family and goes on the bus every morning for over an hour to another town to teach small kindergarten children...how great is that!!!!  Lovely to see Anna..after she left Robin and I had a great visit catching up on all our news....


Robin and Anna!!!
Came home and there was a live broadcast of an important tennis match from London that I watched for a while before I went and played tennis....
I have the court booked every week Monday's from 3pm - 5pm and Tuesday morning's from 9am - 11am.....so it was great to be out there on the courts again after all the rain cancellations!!!

Love it that one of the owner's teaches the young kids!!!!
Great view of the church in the background!!

I just had time to come home get cleaned up and go up town to my English class..only 3 students tonight but they are always so keen to learn..tonight I had them come to the front and tell us about their weekend and then I had printed off a sheet with information about the super moon...so I asked them to put their coats on and come outside..they looked strangely at me at first but I told them I was moving the classroom outside......unfortunately it was a bit cloudy and we could not see the moon but I had them read all about it.....and I took this shot before the sunset...not doctored this photo love the colors!!



Always a great class....
Home and had a light dinner, a hot shower and after I write this a cup of tea and a bit of TV!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

The top picture is the view we had from our rented house in Azteca. Beautiful. Hope you reconnect with Paola someday soon.

mexicokid said...

me too..a beautiful shot of the moon wish I had taken it cheers L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...