Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday 18th November 2016...a picture perfect day!!

I have mentioned here about the Civil List forum a web site in San Miguel for locals to communicate, sell, buy anything within reason really and i advertised on there on Monday that I was going to my favorite hike today and a place to meet and if anyone wanted to come they would be welcome.....I did this two years ago and 20 people showed up..I had a few e mails from folks that wanted to go but could not make it but this morning at 10 am I met at the local big grocery store and 4 people were there waiting..after introiductions we started the hike...on of the best things about this hike is that it is close to town and no transportation is needed....
We got to know each other on the way and this was the first photo op!!!


this is taken at the base of the canyon...
The only hard part of the hike is up to this cross but the views are a just reward!!!!
This looks over the Pressa and I love the cloud formation(I did not take this photo Margie did).
this is a close up of a beautiful old hacienda we passed by...
and this is a zoom shot of the pool that is shown in the middle of the photo above!!
Soon we came to the suspension bridge and I know all the hikers were happy and surprised and three of them walked all the way across.
I told them that even though this bike is quite spectacular the best times are in the rainy season when there are two waterfalls that pulsate over the cliff face...
This below is my "meditation" place where I come and just reflect on my life and other things..I walked over to the top of the cliff to take the photo of the 4 of them having snacks..look closely and you will see them..
On the way down only a sight you will see in the Campo!!!  Check out the man's smile!!!
It was a great time the weather was the best and I made new friends today, they all said how much they enjoyed the hike!!

I was home by 2.00 pm and spent a while out on my patio on the lounger reading and watching the humming birds before I got cleaned up and went to meet my friend Josh for n early dinner....
Long time and regular readers will know of my friendship with Rita, a regal and beautiful woman who I used to visit and do small chores for here in San Miguel....Rita was a real fighter and I admired her so sadly she suffered with COPD and was on oxygen 24 hours a day..we also spent Tuesday afternoons at her place playing cards..Rita passed away last October when I was on the cruise ship......Josh is her son and we have met a few times and he was in town for a few days and contacted me..it was great to see him and we talked of his Mum and our adventures...Great to see you again Josh!!!

Just a quiet night at home watching some TV........

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...