Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thursday 12th October 2016...rain rain go away!!!

Well we are expecting three storms over the next few days and the first one arrived last night torrential rain storms but not cold and no winds....the next storm is expected tomorrow afternoon and the third and worst on Sunday!!!

This morning was spent doing more puttering around and I am starting to get my stuff ready....I leave here on 23rd October to start the long drive back to Mexico I am stopping off in three places to visit friends which I look forward to.

Went and did a little more shopping looking for a TV and think I found the right one at a good price in Costco.

Mum and baby were in the next door's yard!!!





At 5.00 pm I went to pick up Karen I told her on Tuesday to be ready for me at 5.00 pm and did not tell her anything else...she was ready and we drove for just under an hour to a town called Duncan, we had a nice dinner there and then went to the local theater where this play was being performed!!!


WAR HORSE



The National Theatre’s internationally acclaimed production of War Horse returns for an HD screening. Since its first performance at the National Theatre in 2007, War Horse has become an international smash hit, capturing the imagination of four million people around the world.
Based on Michael Morpurgo’s novel and adapted for the stage by Nick Stafford, War Horse takes audiences on an extraordinary journey from the fields of rural Devon to the trenches of First World War France. Filled with stirring music and songs, this powerfully moving and imaginative drama is a show of phenomenal inventiveness. At its heart are astonishing life-size puppets by South Africa’s Handspring Puppet Company, who bring breathing, galloping, charging horses to thrilling life on stage.
Genius isn’t too strong a word to describe this astonishing production- Daily Telegraph.
All was well except it was not a play but a film of the play being performed in London.

It was quite unlike anything I have seen before and beautifully acted and choreographed a great night out!!!

Yachi Koshi!!!!

2 comments:

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

We are having a very blustery Friday, and bracing for the next storm. Lots of homes without power already. Steven Spielberg made a movie based on that novel as well. We have not seen it because I think it is quite shocking and Shelagh would get upset...

mexicokid said...

and i think worse storms to come...oh to be going south soon cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...