Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saturday 29th October 2016.....even in Sunny Southern California....

Saturday mornings are soccer mornings and this was no exception I was up just after 7.00 am to watch a lively soccer game from England...always a nice way to start the day especially when tea and some light breakfast is involved.......

Stella and I did some chores around the house and then went out to do some grocery shopping and have lunch.

Tomorrow is going to be a special day as Stella and her family are having a Birthday dinner for Ashley's 17th Birthday and it is at Stella's house, hence the groceries as Stella is going to cook dinner for 11 family members.

Just a little background information Ashley is Stella's grand daughter and she is the tennis star who is now enrolled in the prestigious Pepperdine College in Malibu with a full scholarship and she just turned 17 last Wednesday.
Ashley was invited to the Junior US Open last month and made it from qualifying all the way to the last 16...this girl is going places!!





.......I have know Ashley for over  5 years and look forward to seeing her tomorrow!!

Back at the house when Stella finally let me go from my chores I first walked into town to see the local Mexican population celebrating the Day of the Dead Parade...



 They sure know how to have a parade and have fun!!
 She is lovely!!
 I then turned back and walked here which is only 300 yards from Stella's house!!

 Even though the sun had given way to clouds it was still warm and I always enjoy a beach walk!!





I did not get back to almost 7.30 pm and Stella had prepared a light supper and the evening was spent looking at old photos and watching some election coverage!!!!

have a great and safe and healthy weekend..

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...