Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Wednesday 28th September 2016...first all aboard and then BAKE OFF!!!!!!

Today was an hour's drive into the North Yorkshire Moors where we boarded this train for an hour's ride...



It was a scenic drive and then we arrived at...



This is a lovely little village where a very famous British show called Heartbeat was filmed....it was based around a police man!!!



All through the streets the sheep and rams roam....
I went off on my own and found this hike..
I learned later on Sam and Malc also went down and this is Sam's photo of the wispy thin waterfall!!!


You know I always like arrows...
It was a great hike...
Who are you looking at??
Went inside the lovely old church...
and I like this sign!!!
Here we go back home...
taken out the window...
OK here is a contest who is the cutest sleeping beauty?????

Malc

or me??????
What a nice and different day and of course home in time to watch BAKE OFF...Janet and I were glued to the screen(can you believe that?).....

Yashi Kochi!!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Les, this is a bit belated, but after all these years, I always look forward to your home visits, and I feel like I "know" Janet and Malc a bit now. :) So could you please extend my big congratulations to them on their momentous 50th Wedding Anniversary please? They are such a lovely couple who give so much to their community, and I wish them many more years to come... big hugs to them! Carol

Peter Kouwenhoven said...

Ha! We used to watch Heartbeat all the time... I love trainrides too, and both of you look good when you're asleep.

mexicokid said...

Carol I let Janet read your comments it made her day thank you and Peter yes the railways get to you cheers L

Carol said...

That's great Les... thanks!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...