Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday 10th July 2016......tennis, tennis and then more tennis and finally football!!!

I guess you can tell by the header what kind of day I had!!!!





So let me set the stage........the biggest match of the week.....many in attendance eagerly awaiting to see what the Canadian kid could do.....arrived at the stadium in plenty of time...the court all ready..


SORRY!!!!!!!!

Were you thinking I meant Wimbledon!!!!

No the Pearson kid was selected to represent Cottingham tennis club in an away game.....

My partner Ed and I played two sets against their number 2 team and we won first the first set 6-4 and lost the second set 5-7.....what I have not mentioned is that our opponents were 18 years of age and all about power..where Ed and I called on our years of experience with drop shots, lobs and slice...It was great fun.
The  other Cottingham team lost 6-0 6-0....
We then played their number one team and got taken to the cleaners 3-6 2-6 and again they were just kids!!!
I really enjoyed the afternoon it was sunny and warm and just nice to be able to be out on the courts.

I got home in time to watch the last three games of the main tennis game of the day and Great Britain's Murray was the deserved winner!!

I took Andy out for dinner at the Carvery and we had a good meal and then dropped him home and as I drove back stopped at the gas station and as I was paying saw this!!!


This is my favorite gum and I have not seen any in months so thrilled to buy some here!!!

After a nice hot bath settled down to watch the final of the European Cup final from Paris...what a boring game!!!!

It went into extra time where underdogs Portugal scored and held on for their win.....

11 pm back into town to pick up the London crowd....J & M and Sam and Darren had a great weekend in London!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...