Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wednesday 18th May 2016....Rain Rain go away!!!!!

My big plan to do the Hop on Hop off bus and walking tour today came to a halt when I saw the weather...very very windy, cool and rain clouds all over.... even as I write this now there is a howling wind outside and heavy rain BUT not complaining I have had wonderful weather for months now and I have to remember going into Winter here and the forecast is not too bad for the next few days........So I went to Plan B all well and good IF you have a Plan B.......so after my morning ritual of dog duties it was time to try another New Balance outlet store in a different part of the city and I set off and again my GPS got me right to the store...




Unfortunately it was the same result as the other store..in the outlet mall I went to Nike, Addidas, Converse without any luck until I tried a small Independent store and I did buy a pair of boots that are water resistant, the brand is I Teck and as far as I could tell from walking a few steps in the store they will be OK...my first hike will tell!!!

I took a new route home over the toll road called Chapman's Peak, 40 Rand for the toll and the small stretch of road was very scenic and unusual!!!





All those shots were taken in a stretch of about 5 km..what a great and amazing road!!
Stopped off for a few groceries and then back home..it was not raining so had my girls out and then the usual evening stuff.
Now I ask you is it my fault if there is another live soccer game on TV tonight????

It is hard for me to believe but exactly a year ago I was having my tennis slam go away party in San Miguel......I have been on the road for one full year...what a year so many new and wonderful people came into my life...so many experiences that I shall cherish for the rest of my life.
I again give thanks that I have the health, the funds and the lust to have been on this journey and thanks for coming along and all the words of encouragement!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...