Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday 30th May 2016....do you remember when?????

So I was all packed and ready for when Anne came for me this morning in her Mini Cooper convertible and I was only just able to get my suitcase in the back seat and off we went to her home about a 20 minute drive........check out the lovely home and area!!!

 My room



OH yea a bathtub!!!!

Just a very beautiful tastefully decorated home...

So to quickly repeat the story Anne and I were church "sweethearts" over 50 years ago and last year quite by accident she found my blog and realized it was me and contacted me and we have been corresponding and arranged when I came to England to have a visit.
We had tea and started with the do you remember questions and it became quite apparent that Anne remembered most of those times back then and me not so much.......we sort of established that we were friends around 1965 for a couple of years and then we both sort of went our  separate ways and we had not kept in touch.
Anne had gotten married and sadly her husband Jim passed away four years ago after 40 years of marriage and they have one married son, Ashley.......
I think we both felt that seeing each other again after so many years was not uncomfortable for either of us and we shared some laughs and I was quite amazed at how much I did not remember about those times.......I am staying here till Friday and Anne is a very lovely and kind hostess.....
we had some lunch and then just around her back garden and started a really nice walk..




 Beautiful scenery and these cows I like I remember them from New Zealand I think they are called belted Gallaways....
Back at the house I got my stuff sorted and enjoyed the bath tub....Anne cooked a smashing dinner and we just continued our reminisces..a lovely evening.......
So Janet and Malc should be over in France starting their journey down I wish them a safe trip.....
Yashi Kochi

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...