Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday 14th february 2016...Happy Valentine's day!!!!

Happy Valentines Day..


floewers I would like to take this opportunity to say hello and to wish a very happy Valentines Day to all the women in my life. I know that sounds like a Willie Nelson song and and I don’t mean it that way. There have been many women who have  and do play  play a significant role in my life, I don’t want to name names but you know who you are and I thank you all for being there for me. So to these special ladies I miss you all and blessings to you and I wish I could deliver a bouquet to your doorstep today!!!
.
Another reason this is such an important day in my life is that this is the day that my Mum passed away in 1995.mum2 Here we are in Bermuda you only have to check out the side burns and the crazy shirt to know this was the fabulous seventies.
This one was taken in England on my first day as a Bobby, probably 1968.mum 1
Mum and Dad had been in Portugal for 7 weeks and arrived home about 11.30pm in the evening and all was well they had a great holiday and they went to bed. They slept in separate bedrooms because of my Mum’s snoring, so as usual Dad kissed her good night and went to his room. In the morning he went into her room to find her gone, she had died in her sleep. No illness, no lingering health defects, just a weak heart, she was 75 years young.
She was the most remarkable woman I have ever met in my whole life and I am so proud and happy she was my Mum. I never heard her say a disparaging remark about anyone, she never lost her temper and had a kind word for everyone. Mum was always there for me even though we spent nearly 25 years several thousand miles away from each other. She was the only person who ever called me by my full name and when she did I knew I was in trouble and that I had better stop hanging a licking on my older brother!!!
Many years since you have been gone and Mum I love you still and miss you and wish you could have taken that ride in Ramona.
I posted the above back in 2009 and I say this every that I just could not write a better tribute so here it is again and as true now as it was then

.
Had a good sleep after the hectic day yesterday and I was on the road by 9am for a drive to a small town called Leongartha about 125 km from Melbourne.....it was really an uneventful drive mainly on motorways.....
Although I did stop here
Just a small town market


On of the stalls got my interest
Home made soap..I like Lavender soap but in New Zealand I really liked the mud springs soap and I was gifted a couple of bars before I left and I have just used the last one so it was good to get a few bars I chose Lavender and lemongrass and the best part is they only cost 2 dollars each for a big bar!!
Another town I stopped in I saw this event could not resist this photo...



........this small town is located to a great hiking area which I shall explore tomorrow...
I made a booking at a private residence and arrived just after 4pm and it is again another delightful home-stay

Carolyn and Roger are originally from England and their home is stunning...I have my own bedroom and full bathroom



After I got settled in I found out that Carolyn loved to play Scrabble so we had to get it on...boy is she good..she whupped me!!!!

Then I went out for a walk around the 2 acres they have but did not get far from the front door as these beautiful birds were right on the drive way...lots of shots I know but I like them!!





I sat on the front deck and counted at least 40 of them are they not gorgeous??
Carolyn has this original juke box in her kitchen!!

I wish you all a wonderful and special Valentine's day!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...