Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday 23 rd January 2015...what rain!!!!

Quite heavy rain this morning and quite a bit cooler...today was going to be an easy day and after breakfast I took the tram back into town and then another tram up to
This is an iconic market and it was huge and if you could not find what you need here it does not exist!!!




I enjoyed walking around and taking in all the sights and smells and just watching the people.
Close to the market are about 5 car hire agencies and I went to each to get a quote and finished up hiring this beauty
from Ace rentals for a great price..it drives really well and is almost brand new with just 3000 km on the clock...going to enjoy my time with wait for it.....her name..Silver Streak!!!!
The apartment is in a quite busy zone with no street parking but I was really fortunate and again shows the kindness of the locals.....I went into the local Woolworth's store to try to find an adapter and got talking to the store manager and talking about the car and where to park and he said to me that there is a parking area on the top floor of the store where I could park and then he went into his pocket and pulled out his employee parking pass gave it to me and said I could use this park for free but I must get the pass back to him on Monday before I leave...can you believe the kindness of strangers!!!!
Tennis night tonight on TV great games and now excited because tomorrow I have a ticket for the main Rod Laver arena.....stay tuned!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...