Thursday, December 03, 2015

Thursday 3rd December 2015…who ordered rain???

I know I keep saying it but there should be a book about the beds of New Zealand like there is a book about the doors of San Miguel..they are so comfy…I feel great again this morning I am pretty sure I did not drink enough yesterday and hence I felt tired and sluggish….

I left this lovely little cabin at around 9am with grey skies and drops of rain but a good thing because today was going to be a driving day with a few stops of interest….with the first being at a beach called Shag Point…

DSC00087

and these amazing boulders!!!

DSC00091

More information on them in a minute

DSC00092

DSC00094

12 km north there was another beach with more boulders …. this one very touristy

DSC00109

DSC00106

DSC00107

I really have not seen anything quite like this!!!

DSC00103

DSC00100

This one was split open…

DSC00101

This was my lunch stop on top a wild and blustery bluff!!

DSC00115

The rain came down hardDSC00116

As I did not know how far as I was going to drive I made no booking for tonight and around 3pm I started looking for a place passed up two till I found this wonderful B & B

Lynn and Bruce are so obliging and I will tell you all about it and then guess the price!!!

My room

DSC00118

and if i get home sick….

DSC00134

You just know that within minutes I shall be in here!!!

DSC00119

As I was settling in a knock on the door would I like a beer or a glass of wine..no thanks but would love a cup of tea…a few minutes later a pot of tea and home made fruit cake appeared!!!

I was told that the house is my house so I washed my drink containers and put some food in the fridge and freezer

DSC00120

Love the cowpoke!!!

DSC00122

Then I did a self tour of the property

DSC00123

DSC00124

and right next door

DSC00132

Who are you looking at???

Then given the best place to eat in town

DSC00130

Just like Momma made!!!

Then back home I was in the tub with coconut and olive oil shampoo and body wash and bubble bath when there was a knock on the door…Les we are just going out for 45 minutes if anyone comes will you rent out the rooms!!!  Too funny!!  Of course unfortunately no one showed up…..so using the desk to write this

DSC00135

When they came home another cup of tea and more fruit cake appeared and finally if I get lonely tonight I could always find a cuddle buddy here!!!

DSC00136

Ok forgot it also includes a home cooked breakfast..so how much……give up ……

65 dollars!!!!

The map of where I drove today now in Fairlie

DSC00137

I have two great hikes and a fairly long driving day planned for tomorrow and an airbnb booked tomorrow night for two nights so can relax and wait till you hear about that one….

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Reading about the doors of SMA leads me to the question as to where exactly did you live here in SMA? We have been here for two days and have walked literally till we dropped.
We are staying in a house in Azteca at the very edge over looking the pressa. Not sure if you know the area but we have also managed to walk to the Mega as well and many points in between.
Would love to know where you were as I think we would need less expensive digs than we have now.
We are loving it immensely and anything that you think would add to our experience would be appreciated. Budgets can such at times but they are a reality in life.
Looking forward to your book on beds in NZ, lol.
You certainly are having a great time. Safe travels.
Cheers
Shelagh

mexicokid said...

Shelagh e mail me at mexicokid99@yahoo.ca and I will help you...les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...