Monday, November 16, 2015

Tuesday 17th November 2015…and then there was a beach!!!!

It reminded me of my “home” on the Bank with Heather and Kirby…lifting my head from the bed and seeing the ocean that is what happened this morning ..so I got up made a cup of tea propped some pillows up and had tea and watched the ocean…not a bad way to start the day…..

Said goodbye and thanks to my fabulous hosts and was on the road before 9am and my first stop was Ocean Beach….

DSC09058 Stitch

DSC09058

Doesn’t it look lovely and you can see the sun came out to play again!!

Went into town as I needed to see a computer techie had issues with my computer this morning..I passed this big store and went in and got this great young man who in about 15 minutes fixed the problem and no matter how hard I tried he would not let me pay nor leave a tip!!!!!!!

Next stop a favourite a waterfall!!!

DSC09064

DSC09065

DSC09076

I love getting close to these nature’s gifts!!!

DSC09071

Then back on the road to do a loop trip around what turned out to be spectacular coastline!!!!

DSC09086 Stitch

DSC09090

DSC09092

This indeed was a great 8km hike!!!

DSC09094

DSC09095

DSC09096

DSC09097 Stitch

Not a bad place for lunch is it???

DSC09104 Stitch

DSC09118

Had enough beaches yet…OK one more!!!

DSC09130

Then it was about a 90 minute drive to the town of Kerikeri where iIam staying for two nights..sorry forgot to put a map on the blog so Google the town and see where it is…this is as far north as I am heading.

Months ago when i was doing research for this trip I had to choose between hiring a motor home or camper van or a car and lodgings…in the end I decided to go this route and in my opinion the best choice…..much cheaper and more personal but the driving is the main issue…Mellow Yellow is great on these narrow twisty roads and believe me they are just that and then throw into the mix the high cost of gas I would not want to be driving around anything bigger!!!!

Last night i booked tonight’s accommodation again on air bnb and I am here for 2 nights….the lovely hosts welcomed me with not only a great cabin but with fruit, milk, and home made cookies….

DSC09132

DSC09135

DSC09133

You can see it has everything a boy needs and all for 50 dollars…

The main house

DSC09136

My casita

DSC09137

I cooked a meal and now a hot shower and then I may watch for a change TV…..

Hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

I know a few couples who have rved in New Zealand. Could you tell me what an average night in an AirBNB is? Pristine beaches!

mexicokid said...

I sent you an e mail Chris...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...