Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wednesday 23rd September 2015……..where does the time go???

 

 

 

This article was taken off the Internet!!!

 

It’s hard to believe summer is officially over. After another hot summer season, the days are finally getting cooler and the nights are getting longer. The kids are back in school and a brand new TV season is underway. It’s time to unpack your woolly winter wardrobe, dust off the ole’ crock pot and get those favorite comfort food recipes ready, folks! According to a WTOP report published on Sept. 21, fall is finally in the air! The Autumnal Equinox, also known as Autumn Equinox, Fall Equinox and/or September Equinox, officially takes place at 4:21 a.m. EDT on Sept. 23, 2015.

For people in the Northern Hemisphere, the Autumnal Equinox, or the first official day of fall or autumn, begins when the sun crosses the celestial equator. On this day, both day and night are nearly of equal length, about 12 hours each. This typically occurs on Sept. 22, Sept. 23 or Sept. 24. The date varies slightly due to irregularities in the calendar as well as the Earth’s irregular orbit.

It’s time to turn off those air conditioners, open the windows and enjoy some fresh air for a change. It won’t be long before it’s time for hayrack rides, apple fests, pumpkin patches, corn mazes and colorful foliage. As the leaves begin to turn magnificent hues of red, yellow and orange, why not pack up the family and go for a scenic drive or take a hike and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature? And speaking of time – don’t change those clocks quite yet. The clocks are turned back an hour when Daylight Saving Time ends on Nov. 1, 2015.

 

 

This morning I treated the family to breakfast at Ricky’s and we all agreed the food was great afterwards Heather and I went to pick up Boomer who had been for a badly needed haircut…doesn’t he look good???

DSC06691

DSC06692

DSC06695

This afternoon I went and had tea with Karen and of course saw Lilly again!!!

Then I came home and did some serious work on the clothes I am going to be taking with me..I realize that for the next almost 12 months I shall be living out of a suitcase and back pack so I have to carefully pack so I have purged back on my clothes and think I have all the ones I need..good job I am not like my brother who takes 20 pairs of underwear for a 7 day trip!!!!!!

We all had a quiet evening at home and I just may have watched a live soccer game tonight!!!

Yasho kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...