Saturday, September 05, 2015

Saturday 5th September 2015…day 12!!!!

On the road again by 8.15am I find that is the best way to beat the crowds this long weekend and the sun was shining and although cool a beautiful day!!!

About 2 miles out of town I saw vehicles parked on the side of the road with flashes going and that is a sign of animal sightings so I also pulled over and off the road.

Got out of the car and saw this beauty

DSC05906

DSC05911

Now this is where it gets interesting and I have no idea whatsoever of animal behavior but there was another male on the other side of the highway

DSC05908

DSC05915

It seemed to me like they were communicating with each other

DSC05914

 

and the one of the other side just kept coming

DSC05916

I was parked behind that white car and I decided to get back in my car

 

 

I am sorry I could not get any close ups of this magnificent animal!!!!

DSC05917

DSC05918

Isn't that a marvelous shot!!!!

They wondered away and so did I but not before taking this shot!!!

DSC05919

It was about a 40 minute drive to the trail head and I knew this was going to be a toughie!!!!

From the parking lot it was all the way up hill a total of 2300 foot elevation gain.

I started off dressing warmly but soon ditched the tuque, gloves and jacket.

DSC05920

DSC05921

The trail was hard by the snow but refreshing views..

DSC05923

Then the switch backs started

DSC05926

DSC05933

X is my destination!!!

DSC05938

All I have to do now is scale that peak!!!

DSC05950

In the middle the little patch is where I started at the car park!!!

Well finally made it I was sweating profusely and before I took photos I had to change my shirt, get some clothes on because it was cool…sat and had lunch with these incredible views…like being on top of the world!!!

DSC05940

DSC05941

DSC05944

DSC05946

It was wonderful and getting down much much easier.  A good job I started on the hike early I must have passed at least 100 hikers going up most of them breathlessly asking how much further!!!

The car park where I was parked was also the site of this

DSC05955

I was definitely going for a soak but first I snook these photos through the fence

DSC05952

DSC05954

Before I went for a soak I just wanted to see the old baths which was about a 2km hike but fairly flat!!

DSC05959

DSC05960

DSC05961

I walked a little father and found one of the sources of the springs and yes it was HOT!!!!

DSC05964

DSC05966

I eventually got into the springs there were 4 pools 2 hot and 2 cold and I spent an hour in one of the hot ones it felt really good….the only comment I would make is that it just felt like any pool anywhere it would have been nice if they had somehow made it more mountain rustic…I think I would have preferred the old springs…the good thing the prices were very reasonable..$5.15 for this old senior!!!

I was back home by 5pm and it was a great day went into town and this time had a nice supper……now relaxed and almost ready for bed.

I leave Jasper in the morning and am staying at a hotel tomorrow night that does not have internet and then Monday I drive to Canmore which is about 15 minutes away from Banff and staying there 4 nights..so no blog tomorrow check back Monday for a big one….

Happy long weekend to all my American and Canadian friends and readers!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...