Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday 30th August 2015…..Day 6!!!!

Today was my road trip day and I was on the road by 8am driving through the streets of Vancouver I realized that the wind storm yesterday was huge and powerful with many trees fallen and leaves everywhere.

The roads were fairly quiet and it  was raining a little and after about an hour I stopped at the Othello tunnels…I have been here before but it always a nice short hike!!!

DSC05651

DSC05661

DSC05666

Another 3 hours on the road and I arrived to the out skirts of Kelowna where there is a Tourist office off the main highway and in the parking lot the main excitement was the bear which was on the bank on the other side of the highway…

DSC05669

DSC05672

I love seeing animals in the wild but I have never seen a bear run..this one seemed a bit confused and I think he was trying to get over the fence but I now know that bears can run fast!!!!

This is a lovely town set on a huge lake

DSC05674

It was great to see Gail and Larry again and we have known each other over 30 years…they have just completed a reno in their home…. looks wonderful

DSC05677

and this shows you how much care Gail takes of me..I am spoiled I know!!!!!

DSC05679

I treated us to dinner and then around 9pm I just hit the tank and was tired ..so off to bed and I am still a bit sore from all the tennis……

Yashi kochi!!!

2 comments:

Rod and Sylvia said...

Welcome to Kelowna. I see you brought the rain along with you, and we're grateful. Really!

mexicokid said...

you are welcome but I only have shorts with me!!!!!cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...