Sunday, June 07, 2015

Sunday 7th June 2015…my last full day in the good old US of A!!!!

I was up at 6 am and had my tea and started to watch the live tennis Final from France…it was a scintillating game and I picked the winner again an upset for Novak by Stan the man!!!!

_83475322_wawrinka_reuters

 

This was another wonderful stay and has it happened I never saw my hostess…..I was on the road after 9 o clock and I had one stop in mind can you stand another waterfall…

DSC03519

DSC03517

DSC03518

DSC03522

There was a trail down to the bottom but I decided not to take it and just admire the falls from the viewing area..

DSC03524

DSC03525

How about this for an original…..

DSC03531

I enjoyed the view and the sound and it was very touristy today.

Back in the car and it was one hour’s drive to Bellingham and on the way my first view of a  Vancouver sign

DSC03535

There is this one stretch on the Interstate 5 close to Bellingham that I shall not forget

DSC03538

It was here almost 7 years ago that I came so close…

Let me set the scene for you…..this is in the days when I still owned my Ramona

11111111111111111-001_thumb1

It was a Sunday evening about 9pm and I had been in Yakima for the weekend refereeing at a huge soccer tournament….life was good for me I had a great weekend had been paid a large amount of cash for doing the games and I was on my way back to Nanaimo…I had a reservation for the late ferry and I was feeling great, not in a hurry and the sunset was quite lovely.

I had the cruise control on and doing 85km….driving along with vehicles behind me…now what I am going to tell you happened in the space of about 7 seconds..but seven seconds I shall never forget….I checked my mirror and saw a car  about to overtake me and the car did and then for some insane reason after the car passed me the driver swerved and pulled right in front of me..the action of this was the car did a complete 360 and started coming towards me backwards…..I slammed on the brakes and pulled onto the shoulder and saw in my mirror that the vehicles behind knew what was going down and they slowed and then the car continued coming towards me backwards and just before they slammed into the front of Ramona managed to swerve and go past be backwards and stopped on the shoulder on the left of the highway….it was totally unbelievable!!!!

All the vehicles behind me stopped and then I saw the car in my mirror turn around and come past me again at a slow seed…I saw that the driver was a teen age girl with two teenaged girl passengers..as she came along side me I had my window down and looked into the car to see if they were alright and this I could not believe..the passenger girl gave me the finger and the car sped off and took the next exit…..when I had slammed on the brakes everything that was not fastened down in the motor home came flying to the front…nothing was broken, no damage done but I still could not understand how the car did not flip as it was coming towards me….a really close call!!!!!!!!!

 

 

I soon arrived at my accommodation in Bellingham.

My lovely hostess Deborah was waiting for me and this is an awesome apartment and so kind to have treats…

DSC03548

DSC03539

DSC03540

DSC03541

DSC03542

DSC03544

DSC03545

After I got settled I went for a walk to this close by pond….

DSC03551

DSC03550

In the yard

DSC03557

Had dinner and a shower and got the car ready for the border…..tomorrow the plan is to cross the border by lunch time then drive to Vancouver where I have another place booked for the night and at 4 o clock I have a ticket for the first of two soccer games in the Women’s world cup of soccer..the second game starts at 7p m……

DSC03572

 

Some random thoughts!!!

I just took a leaflet out of my mailbox, informing me that I  can have sex at 73. 

I'm so happy, because I live at number 71,  so it's not too far to walk home afterwards 

and it's  the same side of the street.  I don't even have to cross the road!

~~~~~

Answering machine message:

"I am not available right now, but thank you for caring enough to call. 

I am making some changes in my life.  Please leave a message after the beep. 

If I do not return your call, you are one of the changes."

~~~~~

My wife and I had words, but I didn't get to use mine.

~~~~~

Frustration is trying to find your glasses without your glasses.

~~~~~

Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.

~~~~~

The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around,

you're not going anywhere.

~~~~~

God made man before woman so as to give him time to think of an answer for her first question.

~~~~~

I was always taught to respect my  elders, but it keeps getting harder to find one.

~~~~~

 

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...