Thursday, April 09, 2015

Thursday 9th Aril 2015….a day with Linda!!!

Had a good sleep and the Denise leaves for work at 7am and she told me to make myself at home and use anything in the fridge so I had a wonderful breakfast and sat outside enjoying the morning…here are a few shots of my room and the house, very lovely!!!

DSC01785

DSC01786

DSC01787

DSC01788

DSC01791

I then went and met Linda at the apartment complex she just moved out of and finished taking the last of the furniture and belongings out loaded them into Little Bluey and Linda’s big van and drove them over to her new place and unloaded all the stuff there…it took about three hours but I enjoy doing stuff like this especially for my friends…..

Linda’s new casita is just simply beautiful and here are the grounds and check out the views…

DSC01792

DSC01793

I could tell that Linda was a little tired so I told her to rest and I went here for a couple of hours

DSC01797

Then Linda’s daughter Teri came over with her six year old daughter Muri…I have not seen them for 2 years and little Muri remembered me and came running to me..while the Mums caught up Muri and I went and played in the children’s playground….it was good to see them again…..

We did not visit Guy today but will see him tomorrow…Linda treated me to dinner again I had ribs…..yummy!!!!!

Now relaxing with tea and a good day!!!

 

This below was sent to me by my hiking buddy Pierre!!!

now you know !!

Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead crows near greater Boston recently, and there was concern that they might have died from Avian Flu.
A  Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu.  The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colors of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws.

By analyzing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2%were killed by an impact with a car.

MTA then hired an Ornithological Behaviorist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.
He very quickly concluded the cause:   When crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Truck."

 

and this by Vicky!!

Subject:  Friendship Week

I've learned ....

That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

I've learned ....

That when you're in love, it shows.

I've learned ....

That just one person saying to me, 'You've made my day!' Makes my day.

I've learned ....

That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

I've learned ....

That being kind is more important than being right.

I've learned ....

That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

I've learned ....

That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way.

I've learned ....

That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

I've learned ....

That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

I've learned ....

That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

I've learned ....

That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

I've learned ....

That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

I've learned ....

That money doesn't buy class.

I've learned ....

That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

I've learned ...

That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

I've learned ....

That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

I've learned ....

That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

I've learned ....

That love, not time, heals all wounds.

I've learned ....

That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

I've learned ....

That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

I've learned ....

That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

I've learned ...

That life is tough, but I'm tougher.

I've learned ....

That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

I've learned ....

That when you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

I've learned ....

That I wish I could have told my Mum and Dad that I love them one more time before they passed away.

I've learned ....

That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

I've learned ....

That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

I've learned ....

That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you're hooked for life.

I've learned ....

That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

I've learned ....

That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...