Thursday, April 02, 2015

Thursday 2nd April 2015……Day 2!!!!!

Had another good sleep and on the road again by 6.45am I checked the tire and it was fine and the journey today was again uneventful mainly on toll roads for a total cost of 475 pesos and the drive was through some wonderful mountain passes!!!

DSC01644

DSC01645

I nearly got caught out by these traffic lights

DSC01646

your attention is drawn to the green light on the white sign and then you have to see the not so bright red stop light on the near side…..only in Mexico!!!

DSC01650

DSC01647

As you can the traffic was almost non existent!!!

DSC01657

9 hours later I was at the border town of Agua Prietà and when I stopped in the line up to the USA border it only took me 20 minutes to get through….the Border guard was very pleasant and waved me through!!!

DSC01662

DSC01663

I had booked a motel in Sierra Vista in Arizona about 50 minute drive from the border and I arrived and checked in total drive today 765 km…..and a great drive !!!

DSC01665

a very nice room for 40 dollars!!!!

DSC01664

Thanks to my car, Little Bluey again another wonderful journey, what a great vehicle!!!

DSC01666

I went for a long walk and found a nice BBQ restaurant and ordered pulled pork and brought it back to my room…it was very good….had a long shower and after the blog going to watch one of my favorite TV shows on the computer Blue Bloods.

Tomorrow another drive of about 675km to La Quinta in California where I am staying in Caron and John’s condo and Caron’s Mum Stella is coming down and the plan is to watch Ashley on Saturday in her qualifying drawer to make the big Easter Bowl tournament…….

Maybe I should explain a little….I met Stella and her daughter Caron about 15 years ago in Mexico and we have all remained great friends…..Stella’s other daughter Pauline is the Mother to Ashley who is the tennis star….Ashley has been at Carson tennis academy in Los Angeles for nearly two years and is 15 years old and a remarkable young lady and tennis star…I have seen her  at the Easter bowl tournament  3 times and this year is a little different as Ashley has had 2 surgeries over the last nine months and only recently got back on the courts and because of this she has to qualify to get into the main drawer and she starts her matches on Saturday morning and I wish her the best luck in the world..I should also add that the age category she is competing in is under 18 years so she is playing two years up!!!

Wish you all a wonderful and special Good Friday!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

You will need a holiday from your holiday!

mexicokid said...

I think so this travelling is hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...