Sunday, April 05, 2015

Sunday 5th Aril 2015…tennis and then more tennis and then some tennis!!!!

Boy the weather here is quite lovely but it does get a little hot in the middle of the day….Ashley is to have two games today and the first one starts at 12.30pm so after breakfast Stella and I went to hit some balls  I have not played on a hard court for a few years and my knees tell me to stick with the red clay…but we both enjoyed the exercise and then after getting cleaned up we went to the incredible Indian Wells facility and watched Ashley in her first game

DSC01711

 

…..the first few games were long and close but then Ashley took over with her power game and won the match in straight sets.

The match took over two hours in 90 degree temperatures  and her second game was supposed to start at 4pm but they put the time back to 6 o clock……We had a couple of hours to wonder around the facility and most of you know on the beginning of Lent I gave up cookies and pastries so when I saw this

DSC01712

it was just too much and Stella kindly treated me and I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful it was.

We settled down to watch Ashley’s second game the court is so beautiful…

DSC01715

I love this shot of her thinking about her game plan before her warm up!!!!

DSC01714

DSC01706

DSC01708

DSC01716

The shot above is of Ashley in the last set and the mountains as a back drop..

This match was her hardest to date but she quite easily won the first set 6 – 2…..but found herself down 3 – 0 in the second set but then powered her way to a 6 – 4 victory which now puts her in to the main event starting tomorrow.

It has been so wonderful for me to be here and support her and her family and this kid had the time after two grueling days to come to me after the last match hug me and to thank me for coming..what a feeling.

The match was a long one and in every game she has beaten the  other girls by her strength and power and still only 15 years of age.

her parents seem to think because she played so late tonight she may not be in the Monday openers and will play Tuesday….. will have to wait and see.

So a wonderful Easter Sunday and I hope yours was too……

Yashi Kochi!!!

3 comments:

Esther said...

Congratulations to Ashley! Double treats for your Easter.

mexicokid said...

yes thanks but there is bad news coming on tonight's blog...trust you and Steve are doing well, great to see you both cheers L

Croft said...

Good for Ashley! We are rooting for her!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...