Friday, April 03, 2015

Friday 3rd Aril 2015….have a wonderful Good Friday!!!!

Well I went through a time one change last night so when I woke up at 6 am it was really 5am so I was not tired so got up had a cup of tea and was on the road 20 minutes later!!

The weather was wonderful and the roads were mainly Interstate so very easy driving as long as you are aware of who is behind you and those merging onto the highway most of whom do not know how to do it!!!!

No photo opportunities and about 5 hours later I was here

DSC01668

DSC01669

I had the directions to Caron’s condo in La Quinta and arrived around 2.30 but was obviously too early because the key was not there for me but it worked out perfectly because this gave me time to call my long time friends Esther and Steve who are wintering in the town about 40 minutes away to come to a restaurant in  La Quinta where we had a great re union and caught up on all our news.

I first met Esther and Steve in Northern BC about 5 years ago somehow they followed my blog and realized we were almost in the next town and we met and became friends and in 2011 when I did my cross country tour I again stayed with them in Ottawa and I think the last time we saw each other was two years ago  in Arizona….

DSC01671

 

Great to catch up with you two and good and safe travels back to Canada.

So now I am in Caron and John’s condo in La Quinta and it is beautiful and the pool right outside

DSC01672

DSC01673

 

 

…..Stella is arriving from LA soon and Ashley’s first game is tomorrow so we are all rooting for her tomorrow!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

3 comments:

Croft said...

Go Ashley!

Esther said...

We're rooting too! Nice seeing you Les!!

mexicokid said...

thanks to you both and it was great to see you too blessings les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...