Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday 29th March 2015……a busy day for these old bones!!!!!

Sunday morning so that must mean meet at the gas station in town at 8am for the regular Sunday hike……Pierre and  I were joined this time by Emily and off we went to find a new way to get to the towers!!!!

DSC01553

The X is where we want to be but before that we had to climb up the hill to the left and let me tell you it was a hard task especially as we had to bushwhack a lot of the way…here is our fearless leader Pierre…

DSC01558

I like these photos looking back on a watering hole!!!

DSC01552

DSC01551

It was a beautiful sunny day and it was hot work but enjoyable and the views quite lovely this is looking back at the lake close to my house…

DSC01559

DSC01561

Some colorful plant life

DSC01567DSC01566

We were now at 9000 feet and the towers were about 100 yards away when we decided to stop and have lunch and it was a welcome time…..

Then started the journey down we found a nice track and it was so much easier going down

DSC01563

DSC01565

Looking back on where we hiked…love the cloud formations!!!

DSC01568

 

I love this photo below we met this old goat herder coming back down the trail with his goats and we chatted with him and then I saw his feet and had to snap this shot…here we are with our expensive hiking boots and smooth dry socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01570

We were gone close to six hours and did about 10 hard miles!!!!

I went straight to Maryisol’s apartment, my lovely Spanish teacher and helped her for 90 minutes move some things to her new casita.

On the way home I stopped at the gas station and as the attendant was filling my tank I noticed a couple in a car at the side of the station obviously lost and looking anxious I also saw that the license late on their car was from British Columbia…so after my tank was filled I pulled over and went to them and asked if they needed any help   and also asked where they were from….they were from Gabriola Island which is a small Island next to the town town of Nanaimo where I lived for many years……they had rented an apartment but never been here before I saw that the street was way on the other side of town and I told them it was their lucky day that I would drive and they could follow me…..it took about 20 minutes with all the traffic but I left them right at the door to their apartment….they thanked me so much and I just smiled and said you are welcome but you must pay it forward..they knew what I meant and I am sure they will,

So finally home after a lovely but tiring day…had a great soak in the tub, dinner and now tea and some tennis on TV…

 

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...