Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday 22nd December 2014……Christmas week!!!!

Well the sun returned this morning and it was warm and just perfect weather…..my first port of call this morning was yoga class where I stretched these old legs and torso after the long hike yesterday…the class is really good 75 minutes and I do think it helps me with all the stretching that we do.

After the class I went to Marisol's apartment for another Spanish lesson…she is helping me conjugating regular verbs and a few irregular and putting them in very simple sentences, negative sentences and questions….I am coming along very slowly and I do think her methods are wonderful and I enjoy the hour which goes by so fast.

My next stop was to see my Doctor…..he is a young Doctor and with his brother and Father runs a practice in town…he has all my medical records and he is the one that performed my colonoscopy in January…I trust him, like him and I went to see him as I had blood work done last week at his lab for my medical insurance application…..he explained all the results to me and told me they were all perfect…..he then faxed the details to the insurance agent.

It was such a great afternoon that I decided to go on my favorite canyon hike especially now I had a working camera…as you know this is the hike that I love to do and the fact it is so close to town makes it all that more special…

DSC08853

These are the walls of a beautiful Hacienda the red on the left are poinsettias…

DSC08855

Always great views of the lake…

DSC08857

DSC08863

This is my favorite spot to sit and think and now the rainy season has finished the waterfall has dried up but still it is a great place..

I am glad the nights will start to get a little longer now…today really was just a lovely day.

There is a new hamburger open air restaurant just opened in town called Route 111 which is similar to the burger bars in the States and I went and tried out their burgers and fries and they were really good……

There may or may not be a hockey game on TV to watch…I shall never tell.

Hard to believe that Christmas will soon be upon us everyone in town seems very happy and in a festive mood…….

Tonight for a change no article for you to read……..

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...