Monday, December 01, 2014

Monday 1st December 2014…….Rabbits, rabbits, rabbits and a special Birthday!!!

For new readers wondering what that heading means let me explain…..my Mum taught me from being a kid to say rabbits, rabbits, rabbits, the first thing in the morning  of a new month and it will bring you good luck…so like a good son I have been doing it for years and now you can too.

About 10 years ago I met a wonderful family in Nanaimo and we became very close friends more like a second family to me and Heather and her husband Kirby have been so kind to me all these years and I have been privileged to see their three boys Ben, Alex and Zack grow from young teens to great young men all pursuing their goals….when ever I go back to Nanaimo I have “my” bedroom in their beautiful home and they are truly all such special friends of mine.

Today is Heather’s birthday and I just wanted to wish her a very happy and wonderful day and it is made extra special for her because her middle son Alex is coming back to Nanaimo today after studying in Australia for 6 months…..have a wonderful day you deserve it!!!!!

A bit of a busy day starting off with going back to my yoga class the teacher has been away the last two weeks so it was good to get back there…..from there I went to Marisol’s apartment for my Spanish lesson…this was a hard lesson for me because my pronunciation is quite dreadful, she is very very patient with me and had me reading for nearly all of the lesson..it is going to take lots of practice for me but I am determined…she gives me homework which I enjoy and she is a great teacher!!!!

The  next stop was at the home of Robin and Ken…I have not seen them for a few weeks and it was so nice to sit and chat and catch up on all the news…great to see you both again.

I then went to the market and bought some veggies and chicken and came home and spent some time cooking and I now have 4 dinners prepared.

Just had time to get changed and then off to my English class…as always the students are eager and they get involved for their homework from last week they each in turn had to come to the front of the class and be teacher for 5 minutes…they amaze me the thoughts they have and the activities they do they are very smart and creative….we only have 3 more classes before we break for the holidays.

It was cool again tonight coming home on the scooter so I had a nice long soak in the tub and now going to relax with tea, a piece of lemon cake and watch some TV.

Hard to believe that December is here already this year really has gone by fast…still no news on Paola I tried to find her Mum’s boyfriend again tonight but with no luck!!!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...