Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday 16th October 2014……almost a day of rest!!!

Beautiful sunny and warm morning and I took the car to tennis as I wanted to go afterwards and get Little Bluey washed and cleaned…tennis was great three hard sets…. and the guy that cleans the car does a fantastic job and all for 55 pesos!!!

rrr

Me waiting!!!

photo

Did some chores in town and now relaxing outside in the sun on my lounger with my book, some food and drink and I think there may be a snooze in my future.

I received an email from the storytelling event coordinator informing me that one of the winners from Tuesday had to pull out of the event on Saturday and they wanted me to take that slot…..I replied that it was very kind of them and thanked them for the opportunity but I declined…..I spent many many hours on my story it was a lot of work but I enjoyed every second of it and meeting so many new people and the help from the coaches and I put my heart and soul into my story on Tuesday and know I did a great performance but then afterwards when I was not selected it was over for me….now don’t get me wrong I am a fiery competitor and want to win everything I do whether it is story telling, tennis, scrabble, poker whatever but I am also a very gracious loser and accept defeat easily……but what transpired for me was that when I got the news I threw away all my stories…. copies and copies of them and just let go of it knowing it was another chapter of my life that I shall not do again the same feeling I had about the Camino…….so I feel good about my decision and know all is well with me.

I love doing this blog and have been doing it every day for 7 years and I hope I have entertained you all and I thank you for all the comments and kind words but I think you must get bored of reading the same things over and over so for the next week or ten days or so I am going to do something a little different….I am going to pick out some posts from the years gone by and publish one each day…just for a change.

So enjoy the posts as I will reliving some of the great memories of my life…take care and blessings les

Yashi Kochi!!!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

It's always a good read. Daily life in SMA, your trip to Spain, your girls and all their activities. I stopped my blog for about six months and just couldn't stay away.

mexicokid said...

thanks Chris just a break but the ones I will be using are from years gone by and they are fun too...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...