Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday 11th October 2014…..a different Day!!!

NO soccer from England today but as I was up at 7am and turned on the TV and watched a really great tennis match from China …Novak and Roger and it was thrilling and my boy Roger came through.

I went to town this morning for the full day storytelling workshop…….it was a wonderful time 20 of us local people and the facilitators were very helpful and in the afternoon we got to perform our stories…will the suggestions I received I had to tweak my story quite a bit but I felt really comfortable telling the story and I did get great feedback from all in attendance…..so what happens now is that I have signed up for two private 30 minutes sessions with 2 different judges and then Tuesday in front of a live audience we get to perform and out of the 20 entrants two will be selected to move to the big International event next weekend…I really do not expect to be selected but I will enjoy the new experience and I will print my story here on Tuesday!!!.

I dashed home showered and changed and then went to pick up my good friend Karen and we drove to a very fancy new development out side of town where there was a gala benefit dinner and dance for a local charity that builds home for the very poor families……Karen’s husband Gregg, a good friend of mine and tennis buddy sadly was in Boston taking care of his Mother after his Father passed away on Thursday.  Gregg is on the board of the Casa Linda organization that builds the homes and he very kindly invited me to take Karen to the event for him …….It was a very special and wonderful evening…the location amazing and the food, the music the entertainment everything was first class…thanks Karen and Gregg!

So I did not get home till just before midnight and it is absolutely chucking it down!!!!!!!

A different Saturday for me but an enjoyable day!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...