Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Wednesday 24th September 2014…well it had to happen sooner or later!!!!

Now this rain is beginning to get to me raining really hard again this morning and I was intending to go down town for yoga but could not use the scooter and did not feel like fighting the traffic down town in the car so stayed home and did some of the exercises on my own which was a change and I enjoyed the short workout.

poker this afternoon and as you maybe worked out from the heading I lost for the first time since I came back home……90 pesos so no complaints!!!

Came home and got ready for my class which was a special event.  I had contacted 10 of my lovely friends and asked them to help me with this class and for them to be in the main Jardin in town at 6.30pm and I would bring my class down.

So what I did was instruct my students that we were going down town in a country where only English was spoken and I would then introduce them to a friend of mine and they were to interview them and report to the class on their new friend.

This worked so well and here are the photos to prove it….

DSC08048

Karen and my student Fernando 2…..he is 2 because we have a Fernando 1….

DSC08049

Miguel taking notes from my friend Phyllis…

DSC08050

Marisol on the left and Claudia on the right talking with Dianne

DSC08051

Blanca with Sharyn and her pooch!!!

DSC08053

Karina listening to Barry!!!

DSC08054

Victor taking notes with Karrie…

DSC08055

Jose Luis and Ann

DSC08056

Gloria enjoying talking with Leah

DSC08057

Javier frantically taking notes from Kathy!!!

DSC08059

Christina and Debra getting to know each other!!!

Afterwards we all sat around the bandstand and the students talked about their new friend…I think it was a wonderful exercise and when we returned to the class room they all said thanks so much can we do that again!!!

Thank you to all my friends for sharing your stories and your time with my class and I think you all enjoyed yourselves…… blessings to you all.

Well it better not rain tonight I have tennis tomorrow…

Yashi Kochi!!!!

3 comments:

mexicokid said...

It turned out so well I have the best fiends and wonderful students..thanks les

sylvia said...

Agree that was a great idea!! How fun for everyone!,

mexicokid said...

thanks it really was Les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...