Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Tuesday 6th August 2014…….not a good day for a detour!!!!

Had a good sleep but was awake at 5am and so I got ready as I wanted to do a hike in Joshua Tree national park……I left the casita at 6am and it was about 30 minutes to the entrance!!

DSC07246

then another 35 minutes on a slow road to

DSC07260

I was heading over this small hill

DSC07259

Even though it was not 8am it was hot and the trail was well marked…….

made it!!!

DSC07247

Some great views…

DSC07252

DSC07253

DSC07254

DSC07248

It was a great way to start the day!!!

DSC07264

DSC07265

DSC07266

I was ready to leave the park and I made the decision to go

DSC07280

from 2 to 3 then turn right and take 62 then turn right on 177 down onto the 10 then continue east so that is what I did because of the road works in the park and the delays…..so I got to 29 palms and turned onto 62 and followed it for about 10 miles when suddenly with absolutely no signs or alternative route the road was closed..there was a left turn road and I thought that this would take me around the road closure but it did not it was taking me way out of my way…in hind sight  then and there I should have turned around and gone back into the park but I continued on and I was in desert country and very desolate…

DSC07270

and it was HOT!!!!!

DSC07273

I knew I was so far off where I wanted to be and I sure was!!!!

DSC07279

I finished up in Needles No.4 so I came back south to 5 and finally arrived in Tucson at almost 8pm …I reckon the detour cost me 4 hours so bizarre no signs……must say Little Bluey performed so well she is a new kind of car a hybrid called a VW Automanual!!!!    They only made a few models so I am lucky to have here……automanual works this way…if you want to open the window you wind the handle…..if you want air condition you open said windows…if you want to lock the doors you press the little button and of course it has Mexican cruise control…if you do not know what this is…well it is probably better if you don’t!!!!

Anyway I came to the hotel where Linda is staying and she so kindly used some of her points and got me the room next to her…

DSC07276

DSC07275

DSC07277

Unfortunately Guy is in Hospital having some tests done so Linda and I went across the street to eat….it was so great to see her, she is a very special and caring lady, we talked and talked until the restaurant was closing!!!!!

I am here for three nights and will go with Linda tomorrow to the hospital to see Guy and then send some time with Linda!!!!

Well it was a long day but I feel fine had a long shower and not driving till Friday so all is well in Arizona!!!!!

Yashi Koch!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...