Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday 19th August 2014……blink and the day is gone!!!

After all the rain we had last night I never thought the courts would be dry but they were  and I was at Weber’s by 9am…the sun was shining and it was a great 2 hours it always is…after tennis I went and bought a few things in the market and was home just before noon.

Caught up on some e mails and had a light lunch and then went to visit Rita at her beautiful casa…I have known Rita for a few years now and she is one of my hero's……she suffers the same health issues as Guy and needs to be on oxygen 24 hours a day but she always wears a smile and her attitude is wonderful…one of my Camino thoughts was that I need to spend more time with my friends so Rita and I have a standing Tuesday afternoon “date”…..she made a terrific  banana bread and we sat and talked she is so wise and then we played a new card game which was a lot of fun…it was a special afternoon thanks Rita.

I came home and it was so nice I decided to put on the hiking shoes and go into the canyons you know how much I enjoy my time there…….it is a good workout because from my casita till I reach the top of the canyon wall is all up hill but the views are lovely…..with all the rain the water is still pouring over the dam wall.

DSC07459

DSC07462

DSC07463

DSC07464

You can see the dark clouds moving in!!

DSC07468

These flowers are on the back side of my front door they sure have blossomed since I left!!!

I was home about 45 minutes before the heavens opened the thunder and lightening strikes and the torrential rain …

DSC07469

This is from my front door you cannot tell here how hard it is raining…

DSC07470

The X is the main church in the town center!!!

This is taken from my bedroom window of the road outside…

DSC07473

This was sent to me by Pierre from the hike we took on Sunday….with me is a lady I had not met before from Italy!!!

EastPk Los PicachosAug 17'14 001

I had a light supper…. a long bath and now tea and some television…….that day went by so fast!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

Croft said...

You are keeping busy!

mexicokid said...

I like it this way enjoy your sister cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...