Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sunday 17th August 2014…..hiking day!!!

Well if the only exercise I got yesterday was my fingers changing channels on the remote today was totally different as Sunday is my Hiking group day and I was at the gas station in town at 8am to meet the group….

We split into groups to do different hikes and I opted to join the long hike group which consisted of a lady named Eleanor and a really nice guy Pierre, who was our leader.

We went in his car about 25 minutes out of town and started the hike in the Campo of La Compano….the day was perfect sunny and bright with some low cloud coverage!!!

DSC07412

DSC07413

Pierre told us that it was not a long hike distance wise maybe 16 km but the first stage of the hike was all up and we would reach a height of 9200 feet, SMA is about 6200 feet so it was going to be a work out….we started climbing right away

DSC07419

I used my panoramic option on my camera for this shot below

DSC07414

Many animals on the trails

DSC07423

The views were clear and quite amazing, the air so clear and fresh!!!!

DSC07426

This was another ridge we were heading for!!

DSC07429

DSC07431

That is the campo where we started out!!!

DSC07436

I saw this blue cross from a long way away and before you know it I was at the cross!!!

DSC07435

DSC07437

DSC07442

DSC07446

DSC07439

DSC07450

DSC07448

Again the campo below…what a great hike we were back at the start point about 5 hours later it was just a perfect way to be in God’s beautiful wilderness!!!

I went into the grocery store on the way home and was back by 3 o clock!!!!

had a cuppa and sent some e mails that I needed to send before I started to cook my supper and afterwards had a great long hot tub soak!!!!

To end a special day watched the finals of the Tennis from Cincinnati and Roger won!!!!!!

WOW been back one week it has been a busy week with some emotions going up and down but it feels good to be back and into my life in SMA!!!!

I received this shot from Jane my Camino stuff artist a rough draft of a photo collage!!!

Print

 

Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

sylvia said...

LIKE!

mexicokid said...

me too L

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...