Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday 30th July 2014……..somewhere in the USA!!!

Actually I know where I am Eugene Oregon!!!!

I woke at 5am so decided to get on the road before the heat took over scheduled for over 100 degrees today…Little Bluey started first time and it was great to be on the road again…I am travelling down the Interstate so really quite boring except for those drivers that do not know how to enter a freeway!!!!

I made sure I had lots to drink and after 450km I decided it was enough for one day and  found this great hotel for 45 dollars!!!

 

 

 

DSC07046

DSC07047

you will note they do not have Pilgrim foot baths here in the civilized US of A!!!!!

DSC07048

I unpacked and went to the pool and read and swam for a couple of hours before coming back for a nap ……a Camino habit!!!

I thought there was something wrong with my suitcase after I picked it up in Seattle and when I got here and checked it out sure enough it is completely ruined the inside of the case where the walls are formed is all smashed and so the case is toast I shall write to Icelandair and see if they will offer some compensation!!!

DSC07050

As Oregon is a no sales tax State I went out this evening and did quite a bit of shopping might as well save where I can…….

So everything still going smoothly I have a long driving day tomorrow so will stay hydrated and stop often.

Have a great day!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!!

4 comments:

Croft said...

Welcome back to North America, it has been quite an adventure. Something to add to your future "Tell-All" book!

mexicokid said...

so it will thought of you about 20 miles ago went through Corning your olive shore..cheers L

Croft said...

I hope you stocked up on olives, Les. Or at least bellied up to the tasting bar.

mexicokid said...

did not even stop me eat olives come on!!!!!

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...