Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wednesday 16th July 2014...Day 101!!!!

Well this is the day exactly 6 weeks ago that I arrived in Irun crossed briefly over the non existent border with France and commenced my first step on my Camino...the first step of what must have been many thousands and now that journey is closing......this is my last full day in Santiago and it started really easily with some tea and breakfast I look at what I have to pack for tomorrow and will take me maybe half a minute, did you read that Malcolm!!!!!!
The weather is just beautiful sunny and about 80 degrees and I ventured out at 10am to the cathedral...I could show you the photos I took and the history I learned from renting the self guide audio stick but please to the old favorite Google and look at the sites for the church and read them it it a fascinating place of God steeped in history......I would guesstimate there was over 3000 thousand people milling around and I enjoyed the tour and learning so much then I sat in the front row and waited 55 minutes for the noon Mass to start.....my thoughts went all over the map but all came back to one thing my goal 4 years ago was to start walking in Irun and finish up here...if it was a tennis or soccer match the game stats would read something like this........35 days, 3km by taxi, 26 km by bus, 844km /534 miles by foot......number  of problems none....number of blessings countless......cost of the Camino   ..priceless!!!!  The Mass was moving even though it was all in Spanish and the highlight for many came when they swung the incense(read about it) I really have never seen anything quite like it barreling through the air at speeds of up to 80km this was the best photo i could get and i quite like it!!!


I then came home went on the terrace and read/slept/drank/ate/slept/read you get the picture......
Around 7pm i went back into the old town and treated myself to a T shirt a tea mug and a few odds and ends and just savored in the town, the people and the wonderful unforgettable journey i have undertaken.
There is no doubt in my mind that I will not ever walk another Camino just as strong as the feeling that I shall never ever forget this one.....the work is there for me to do i return a different man than the one that started out .....let's stay together and see how this all works out.,
I cannot close this chapter without again telling you in such sincerity that i have the best family in the world because of my traveling for over 45 years we have not always been geographically close but in the heart where it counts we are thick!!!
I also happen to be blessed with the best friends in the world and again because of the gipsy feelings in my blood we do not get together very often but when we do we just sit and carry on as if nothing happened how did one man become so lucky to have so many friends in so many wonderful places???
Granny Pearson was right and I will"Count my blessings name them one by one"
Thank you did you enjoy the journey???
End of the things I learned but do not worry I am still learning...thank you to every single one of you who took the time to open your computer and my blog!!!!
Blessings les
Yashi Kochi!!!

2 comments:

sylvia said...

This was very touching to read. For me it goes back to the title of your blog. The never ending journey....
I look forward to sharing more of your journey ! Thank you!

mexicokid said...

you are so welcome it has been a journey so let us start another thanks for sharing les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...