Saturday, July 05, 2014

Saturday 5th July 2014.....Camino day 32!!!!

Well that was a very entertaining game last night Columbia V Brazil and featured one of the most spectacular goals I have seen for a long time a free kick from at least 30 yards that thundered into the roof of the net giving the goal keeper no chance..so the host team progresses to the semi finals.....didn't get to bed till gone midnight. I went downstairs to the bar to watch and the barman told me the game was on in my room I had tried to find the station but could not so he said no problem and he came up to my room and put it on the right station and I watched the game from the comfort of my bed...why not???? So this morning I was up at 6am got my feet doctored my back pack packed and ready to hit the road..................NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe I slept in till 9.30am!!! Got up had a wash made some tea and back to bed and read till 11am...when this pilgrim is lazy he is really lazy!!! I went a few doors down to the local bakery and got yet another hot crossaint and back to my room strawberry jam and tea and I was satisfied!!! I did some research and made a big change of plans you can see from the map below where I am in Rabade and I had figured I would find my way back to the Northern way and continue but I am only 13 km from Lugo which is on the Primitivo way so I have decided to do that.....walking the 13km to Lugo and then connecting with the Primitivo about 60km till I then connect to the French way at Melide and continue on into Santiago....I was going to have to connect with the French way anyway so this gives me a couple of days on the other route. Just to help the purple line is the Northern Way The green line is the Primitivo Way The yellow line is the French Way According to all that I have read and to the other pilgrims that i have talked to when I hit the French way it will be a total and complete culture shock because for the last 4 weeks I have seen very few other pilgrims the French way i can expect hundreds of them not sure how I feel about that but it is only for two days. The passport that I talk about that I get stamped each day at the hotels is a way of proving that you have indeed done the walk so once you get to the Cathedral in Santiago you show this and then get a certificate of completion but there is another way to do this and that is that you just have to show you walked the last 100km or if on a bike the last 200 km. There are many people that come and just do that also they get their pack transported for them by taxi...what ever works for everyone. So that will be the new plan and leaving in the morning and arriving in Santiago on Thursday. I have calculated that I am only 113km away from my goal!!!! Well I thought I better get out so went exploring around the small town which is totally different from any other town I have seen in Spain. There is no main square and no big church in actual fact there really isn't much of anything except this nice park I walked around with beautiful old bridges!! I think this is where the expression "getting your ducks in a row comes from"!!!!! Not being a farm boy will somebody please tell me what these are I see them everywhere? Back home in time for a little lunch a nice long hot shower and then went to watch the KID play!!!!! I would like to report to you that it was a thrilling game and very close but that was not the case Genie got well and truly schooled and outplayed and she lost in less than one hour. Petra fully deserved her title and I hope Genie takes this loss in stride goes back to the practise courts and learns how to deal with someone big and powerful but I am so proud of her accomplishments the last year!! After the game had finished I just had time for some computer work before the first of the two soccer games and I watched from my room.......this is beyond being a lazy pilgrim!!! This game was not a thriller either but Argentina deserved to move on to the semi finals...so now I have 2 hours before the next game at 10pm. So need to do some route planning and get ready for the morning...... Things I learned today. I can be REAL lazy!!! I miss my family but it was great Skyping Janet and Malc this afternoon. My friends..they are OK!!! Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...