Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday 19th July 2014....lost track of what day it is!!!!

The three of us had a lazy morning and Janet was kind enough to cook me what i wanted for breakfast which this morning was a bacon and egg sandwich but I have never seen a frying pan so small!!!!



We planned to take a drive this afternoon to a bird sanctuary on the cliff tops about 45 minutes away but the weather was really changeable but we left around 1pm....it poured with rain but cleared up as we approached the town of Bridlington


which is a sea side town where I came often as a young boy and i used to rent a fishing rod and fish off this pier....


My Brother made me go and have his shot taken.....


We then stopped at another sea side town and had a cup of tea whilst it rained


and decided that because of the weather not to go to the bird sanctuary so we drove towards home and J & M knew of a great fish and chip restaurant and we stopped for dinner and it was a full meal deal and really some of the best food I have tasted.

From there we went for a short visit to Sam and Darren's house and happy to look at their photographs (all 640 of them!!!!!) of their recent trip to Vancouver and Alberta their first time there and they really liked it...........and we were home for 9pm so another lovely day and quite a lazy one for me I shall get more active next week I promise!!!!
Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...