Monday, July 07, 2014

Monday 7th July 2014..Camino Day 34!!!

Well my last hostel was a night to remember they lied when i quizzed them about snoring but I said I would not complain about that so i will not BUT the two Italian couples who I can only describe as "unfriendly" were closest to me and all was going well till 5.25am when their alarms went off...can you believe it?????Then they fumbled about in the dark with the zips on their back packs and then the usual rustling of plastic bags..I just sat up in bed and with a smile on my face and said to them"Good morning you may as well turn the lights on we are all awake now....Buen Camino" and turned over in my bed I know they understand English but I think it went right over their heads thankfully they were out of the door in the dark at 6am I just do not get it especially when at 12.30pm I passed them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway I was a bit sluggish this morning but was on the road by 7am it was a bit cloudy and misty


but soon warmed up


what are you guys looking at??

No body answered my question about what this was so I asked a farmer...Cabbage!!!!


Does that look like stick ahead??


Caught up with the girls and we walked together for two hours and I enjoyed them.... both are a wonderful credit to their generation and their parents..took the final photo


and Libby asked me again if i wanted my stick back and i said no!!!!
I am sure I shall see them again in Santiago!!

After 20 km I joined the French Way and the whole atmosphere changed for me i went from 35 days of seeing maybe at the most 10 pilgrims a day to this




They are a different bunch not so friendly......much noisier but each to his or her own!!!

After 30km I started looking for a place to stay and two places I tried i was not happy but finally found a nice and small hotel



25 Euros basic but just what I needed because after walking 35km I was tired.
Got my milk, laundry done, tea made then had a nice nap and woke up refreshed had a long hot shower and went to the supermarket to get stuff ...the town is alive with pilgrims at least 70  i saw around town and then there are tourist stores!!!



made a nice sandwich and salad and a full liter of OJ and in the market I saw my friend Kevin the English guy who plays the harmonica along the way it was good to see him.
Well I cracked the 800km and I am now according to this marker


away from my destination.
Do you think my shoes will make it??


....already my emotions are on a roller coaster ride over what will happen when I see those church steps in 2 days time.
Things I learned today.
The body is an amazing thing.
My emotions are all over the place.
That Guy is going to be OK thank goodness  now Linda can relax.
My friends and my family are awesome.
I also learned that having a greasy sugar filled donut once in a while is comfort for the soul!!

I am so happy because today my lovely friend Caron and her great husband John arrive in SMA and are staying in my casita till the end of the month...Caron is Stella,s daughter and Ashley's aunt...HAVE an awesome time and my casita is now yours!!




Did not realize till I read the below article what a great accomplishment!!




Vancouver's Vasek Pospisil and American partner Jack Sock won the Wimbledon men's doubles title on Saturday in an upset of the defending champions Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 in a three-hour, six-minute thriller.

Pospisil and Sock were playing together for the first time and are the first team since 2000 (Lleyton Hewitt and Max Mirnyi) to win a Grand Slam title in their first tournament together. The Bryan twins were bidding for a 16th Grand Slam doubles title and 99th overall.

Pospisil said they had a simple formula for beating the all-time best doubles pair in Grand Slam history.

"Close your eyes; hope you play the best tennis of your life," he said, smiling.

Sock and Pospisil were playing on Centre Court for the first time. Pospisil, ranked 179th in the speciality, was playing in only his fifth doubles event at a major.

"We had a lot of fun, people could see that," Sock said. "That's part of why we did well. We really enjoyed being out there. As kids we grew up watching this tournament. This is what we kind of dreamed of doing."

The 21-year-old Sock became the third-youngest player to win both a Grand Slam men's doubles title and a Grand Slam mixed doubles championship in the Open era, adding to the mixed title he won with American Melanie Oudin at the U.S. Open in 2011.

Todd Woodbridge and John McEnroe, both 20, were the only men to win both titles at a younger age, with McEnroe being the youngest.

Pospisil's previous best was the round of 16 with Ottawa's Jesse Levine at Wimbledon in 2013 and with Toronto's Daniel Nestor at the 2013 US Open.

The last time there was a Canadian man in the Wimbledon doubles final was in 2009 when Nestor and Nenad Zimonjic won their second All England Club title.

Pospisil and Sock saved four match points over two fifth-set games before Scok drilled a winner down the line for the historic victory.
Yashi Kochi!!!




No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...