Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday 18th July 2014...........I am back!!!!

OK hands up how many of you really missed the blog yesterday????  Good reason which i will get into later......So let's take you back to my last morning in Santiago had breakfast and packed up but look at the weather


I walked from the apartment 5 minutes where I caught the bus to the airport real easy and the flight was no problem at all.
I had done some research and booked a train from Gatwick airport to Kings Cross train station


where i took another train to Doncaster my birth city and also from this station 45 years ago i said good bye to my parents as I left as a young man for Bermuda.


On the train to Doncaster i was sat next to a very nice lady who wanted to chat and know my story and then when she found out about my travels wanted to hear everything she told me her husband will not fly so i think she was enjoying my tales anyway the almost two hours went by fast and I picked up my stuff said good bye and outside the station Malc was there and we drove back home to Cottingham where I realized when i went into my back pack that my Nexus was still on the train.
I had been telling Malc about everything going so smoothly 6 weeks of a different hotel room and never leaving anything and here I get home and the very last leg i do something so silly.
We drove down to the train station and spoke to one of the staff and the actual train was still in the station and i went on board but no Nexus so I made a rport and as we were leaving they told me i was in luck the computer had been found and was in their office and i could pick it up tomorrow...so even in Engand the camino provides...so no Nexus last night so no blog and no refunds so don't ask!!!!
My first sleep at home was a great long one and this morning whilst Malc was playing golf, he insists he is playing so well these days we have to call him "Mally own the middle" for those of you not familiar with the game  down the middle infers his shots off the tee are going down the middle of the green but of course he still will not take me to his golf club i think he thinks I am not refined enough...how could he think that!!!!!!!!
Janet and I had breakfast and caught up with all the family news. I then took the bus into town and retrieved my Nexus with many thanks did a bit of shopping and went to the tattoo parlor where my great plans for a tat were squashed by the owner she told me first of all they will not put tattoos and any part of the hands or fingers, soft tissue and does not do well and also they will do any tattoos in yellow the color does not look good and then fades and really looks like a discolored body part I told her i appreciated her honesty now i have to re think because the yellow arrow really means something to me..any suggestions???
Just relaxed in the afternoon before Janet and I went to pick up Tom this was his last day of school and he won lots of awards two for good behaviour obviously a trait he picked up from me!!!!
Andy was over and Sam and Clair and Mark came and we all had tea and sat around and chatted it was nice!!!!!
Janet made a fabulous my kind of dinner tonight and here we are it is almost 10pm already!!!
The swelling and colour on my wrist has gone down and I feel really good.
Wish you all a great weekend!!!!
yashi Kochi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...