Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday 14th April 2014…Day 9!!

Well for the first time this journey woke up to grey skies and cool temperatures…..my hostess gave me breakfast of home made bread, fruit and tea and after saying many thanks and good bye I was on the road by 8.30am…..lots of the road was by the ocean

DSC03027

and I was stopping often for photo shoots!!

DSC03030

DSC03031

DSC03034

DSC03035

Just beautiful scenery!!!

DSC03037

For many miles I had seen signs on the road warning of Elk crossing but so far had not even seen a sign of one until later in the morning when I came around a sharp curve and there were these elk at a drinking hole!!!!

 

DSC03040

How lucky was I……

DSC03045

DSC03046

DSC03056

I have driven this route twice before..once about 4 years ago in Ramona and then about 13 years ago with my Dad and I remembered we stooped here and toured the plant!!

DSC03054

DSC03053

DSC03051

and I remember then saying to my Dad how sad it would be to work in this factory and have all these people staring down at you for 8 hours a day……..so today nothing has changed but I just feel so lucky because all the jobs I ever did I always enjoyed going to work and loved it most of the time and when people are not satisfied with their lot I always say them “It could be worse you could be working in the Tillamook cheese factory”!!!

400 km and 8 hours later I was arriving here

DSC03061

I had a motel room booked checked in and the room is great for the price of 50 dollars

DSC03062

The weather has changed and it is cool and a bit of rain in the air…I did manage to get out for a walk and now hunkered down for the night and tomorrow my last day in USA…what a trip!!!!

Map picture

Yashi Kochi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...