Monday, February 03, 2014

Monday 3rd February 2014…..the big trip!!!!!!!

Well a change today going to outline my travel plans for this summer…some of the dates are tentative but others are firmly booked with flights and accommodations!!!!

Leave here 1st Aril and am taking my car and driving to palm Springs where I am hoping that my young friend Ashley will be playing in the Easter Bowl tennis tournament if she is this will be the third year in a row I have supported her there…. according to her Mum although Ashley is only 14 years they are trying to get her entered in the under 16 age group and will not know till March if she is in or not but hopefully she will be and I shall there the time she is in the tournament.

Map picture
Map picture

From there I shall drive up to Nanaimo where I shall stay with my lovely family on the Bank….Heather and Kirby and their three boys and I shall stay till 6th May.

Map picture
Map picture

I then drive down to Seattle where I get on a flight to Iceland where I am staying for 7 days!!!

Map picture
Map picture

Iceland is on my bucket list and although it is a very expensive  island I have managed to get a privte car rental at a great rate and also a wonderful small apartment in a house with a family for 30 dollars a night.

The number of waterfalls in Iceland is supposed to be staggering so stay tuned on this one!

So after Iceland I fly to London on 14th May and stay with my family in Hull.

Map picture
Map picture

On 19th May my Brother Malc and my lovely SIL Janet will leave in their car towing the caravan and we will spend 2 weeks travelling through France.

Map picture

On the 4th June they will drop me off in a town called Brive

Map picture

and I will then take a train to Irun in Spain!!

Map picture
Map picture

On the 5th June I begin my pilgrimage from Irun to Santiago following the northern coast of Spain a total of 550 miles!!!!

Map picture
Map picture

I have no idea how long the walk will take me so I have booked a flight from Santiago back to London on 17th July.

I will then stay at my brother’s till I leave England and fly back to Seattle on 28th July..where I will get in my car and start the long drive back to SMA.

So there you have it most of the planning is in the process and it will be a journey of a lifetime…watch this space in future weeks for updates!!!

Yashi Kochi!!!

6 comments:

Betty Graffis said...

Looking forward to following your blog on this journey of a lifetime!!!

Betty Graffis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mexicokid said...

should be a blast thanks les

Rick said...

Walk 550 miles :-0 I had to sit down after reading that.

If you're in Brive you are near the Dordogne river valley which is my favorite place in France. You can rent canoes to paddle down part of the river and they pick you up down stream and drive you back to your camp or car.. It's a gorgeous way to see the area.

Jean and Skip said...


Will be following along on what is truly a trip of a life time.

mexicokid said...

Thanks Rick my brother has already told me about that and for sure we will do it...thanks all for following my adventures les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...