Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday 12th January 2014…..a lovely day!!

I had one of those wonderful sleeps last night..went to bed fairly tired and slept so well and woke up refreshed and feeling great…..had a nice breakfast of eggs, homemade bread and jam and now watching a great live soccer game from England.  The sun is shining and it is indeed a wonderful day.

At 12.30 I left for a long hike and took a different route which took me on the main highway and then into the campo and saw this house which I am sure is some type of solar energy saving design.

DSC01066 

DSC01067

It was a quiet path I took with not too much to see

DSC01069

I then came to a little village

DSC01070

DSC01071

DSC01073

Then back into the hills

DSC01074

Shared my lunch with this guy

DSC01075

The long and not so winding road!!!

DSC01077

For the first time in all my hiking I had to use my stick this afternoon

DSC01078

I was on this gravel road passing some houses when a pack of dogs at least 14 came after me this has never happened before the lead dog was small but nasty and he was sure going to take a piece of me but the reliable Pearson forehand down the line tennis shot to his nose turned him around but it was a bit of a scary time!!!

I was home four hours later and according to my new pedometer I walked 12 miles……the good news is the blister that I got last week did not come back..the bad news is that the jury is still out on these new hiking boots and if I am to be really honest I do not feel that I can walk 550miles on the Camino in these boots without problems…so may have to go to plan B except I don’t have a plan B yet.

Enjoyed some soup that Linda made for me last week…. a long hot soak in the tub and just when you thought all I do is watch soccer and hockey on TV…what starts today for 2 weeks….tennis from down under!!!!!the shot at the top of the blog was my first post and taken in NOvember 2006 and this was before Ramona and it is the VAN and the snow!!!

Yashi Koshi!!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...