Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday 10th January 2014….Granny Pearson was right…”Count your blessings”

If this blog post does not stir those emotions deep inside of you and make you feel so grateful for what you have..then I don’t know!!!!

You often hear me talk and write about Linda and Guy and our 14 year friendship what you don’t hear is all the deeds that these special folks do in this community and other parts of Mexico where they have resided.  They don’t make a big fuss but do what the Nike slogan suggests…”Just do it”.

I have been privileged to help in some of their projects and this morning was another one of those times.

This building

DSC01049

is in the town of Celaya about 30 miles from SMA

DSC01048

The clinic is volunteer based and is a day treatment center for all the children in the State of Guanajuato who suffer from cancer and need treatment regularly.

We have been involved with this clinic for a few years now and Linda and Guy decided a few months ago it would be wonderful if the children who come to the clinic who come from the very poor communities could have a snuggly happy bear…so the bear program was launched and with all the help of Linda and Guy’s children including their Grand daughter, Muri, became involved to raise the money to buy the bears.

Here is Muri at her Lemonade and brownie sale

DSCN0535

With the families help 150 bears were purchased and shipped to SMA

DSC01034

DSC01035

DSC01038

DSC01044

DSC01040

the bears are really good quality and very cuddly.

So this morning I went to Linda and Guy’s casa loaded up with bear we met another wonderful couple Sharon and John who organized the Three kings toy project that you read about last week, and off to the clinic.

We were met by the wonderful staff and director of the clinic given refreshments and we talked about ways the community may be able to get involved.

DSC01046

DSC01047

What is going to happen is when the kids come to the clinic they will be given a bear to take home with them…..the staff were thrilled.

Sharon and john had not been to the clinic before so they were given a private tour and we joined them…..I cannot put into words how it churns my heart to see these kids having their treatments and their smiles are so wonderful…of course I know it is not always this pleasant but the facility is spotless and state of the art…here are a few shots of the kids starting with Alexandjro who is one year old…

DSC01050

DSC01052

DSC01056

DSC01058

I challenge you to look at the shot above and below and not be moved to tears by the looks on the Mother’s faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC01059

I can only say what a wonderful caring and special staff work and volunteer at this clinic…….I tip my hat to the Scholey family!!!!!!

When we got home I went to pick up Paola and we did a few chores in town and I went into the market to see one of my students who owns a shoe store in the market and whilst I was there I met two of her grand daughters..boy are they gorgeous!!!

DSC01060

Paola had an appointment so I did something I have not done for a long time but will do more of…..just went and sat in the main Jardin and took in the flavor of everything and everyone!!

DSC01061

DSC01063

So I am doing what my Granny said …and counting my many blessings!!!!!!les

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...