Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday 14th December 2013…..so it has to be a sports day!!!!!!!

    > Mainmap

So on Monday I am taking a road trip…my friends Serena and Scott who are staying in the small casita below me are going to hike into the Copper Canyon and they are hitching a ride with me as far as the turn off before Tepic in the map below…then I will continue on to a small town called Rincon de Guayabitos, where my long time friends Gail and Larry are staying for the winter which is No.2 on the map above….I will stay till Friday then drive north to No.3 and then take the new toll highway to Durango.  This road which just opened last month is supposed to be spectacular with incredible bridges and tunnels!!

Then north to the USA border town of El Paso and then to No.6 Las Cruces in New Mexico…I will arrive there on the 22nd December and stay 5 nights before beginning the journey back home….it is a total of 2100km one way.

I have never been to Las Cruces before and I have a small studio type apartment booked and the area is a hikers paradise so it will be long hikes every day.

So it will be a good trip seeing special friends, frolicking in the ocean and then some hikes…..I know it is a lot of driving but I feel I need to get away for a short while and driving helps me focus and think….it has been a wonderful year for me very busy with my girl, the volunteer things I do and of course my sporting activities…but it is time to get my batteries charged and make some adjustments in my life including learning Spanish the best I can, eat more fruits and veggies, dedicate more time to my friends and to gear and get myself ready for the Camino Santiago next summer.

 

> Mainmap

The above map is the route I will take on Monday…… 600 km and it will take 8 hours.

So that is coming up….. now on today, sports day!!

Started at 7am this morning waking up to see this sight outside my front door

DSC00448

I then had breakfast watching a live soccer game from England…the game finished in time for me to get down to the tennis courts for 9am and my last game of tennis this year.

The sun was shining it was warm and the tennis was really good and a fitting way to wind down the year….tennis is a big part of my life I play with special friends, the standard is very competitive and the activity is wonderful for me…I am blessed for all these reasons.

Came home and sat down and watched another live game from England but this one was significant because it was being played in my Brother’s home town, Hull.

He was at the game with his two sons and his Grandson..how sweet is that….somewhere in this crowd is my family!!!

DSC00454

DSC00450

This shot was taken last year at the same stadium..  Andy in yellow and my Bro…Malc!!

DSCF4712

The game ended without either team scoring and I think I caught a glimpse of my Brother sleeping..yes it was not a great game!!!

I then went and bought some groceries and went to visit Paula and Jerry and we had a really nice last lunch…hot dogs..they were great..they leave in the morning and as always I love their company and friendship..drive safe!!!

I was home by 4pm and started getting my things ready for the trip….making sure everything is done and now sitting down watching the end of the Maple Leafs hockey game and getting ready for the Canucks in a short while…see what I mean about a sporting day.

I want to wish you all a lovely  and safe and happy Sunday.

Yashi Koshi!!

4 comments:

Paula and Jerry said...

Buen viaje, Lesito! As always, we have enjoyed our time with you and we look forward to seeing you again in January. Thanks for all your efforts to make our stay in San Miguel extra special.

mexicokid said...

I feel the same way about you and Jerry you always make the girls feel really good safe travels leslito

Croft said...

It looks like a great trip. Just be sure to save enough pesos for that tall glass of limonada you will be sure to owe me in another twenty minutes! Yea Canucks!

mexicokid said...

check your e mail!!!!!!les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...