Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saturday 23rd November 2013…….nice to be home.

I thought I had a tennis game at 9am but I was wrong so I was forced to have breakfast and watch a live soccer game from England and it was a great game.

Then it was laundry time and cleaning and fixing the flower pots and then headed to town for some grocery shopping and then I went to Paola's house but no one was home.

Next was sorting out all the stuff I had bought I did manage to get some great hiking shoes, trekking poles, socks, a cover for my back pack of course you know about the great camera and I also bought a printer for 30 dollars I find I need to print for my class and I also bought a Nexus 7 Notebook which I have not yet taken out of the box as I know I will need someone to help me set it up…..so I also bought some grocery items and a couple of things for the casita.

In the afternoon I went onto the roof and read for a while and then went back to Paola's house I wanted to take her to the concert tonight but again no one home.

Had a good supper and then went down town to the beautiful old theater for a concert which was to benefit the local school for children with hearing issues.

DSC00194

The group was a brass quintet and they were really great.

DSC00200

I never go to a concert like this without thinking of my Dad…..we were raised with a brass musical back ground and my Dad would have been in his element at this concert…they were wonderful.

For the last song they brought in the kids from the school…what a teary sight and sound!!!

DSC00205

I was home in time to watch the late night hockey game from Vancouver!!!

This is especially true for me today!!!

1441398_10152034750925590_1522842450_n

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...