Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday 16th November 2013…Day 3!!!

We started today the exact same way as yesterday….out on the River walk by 8am and walked for an hour

DSC00030

DSC00033

DSC00037

and then tucked into a wonderful breakfast..it is buffet style so no need to rush and the food is really good..I also managed to snag some yogurt, muffins and fruit for later.

This is with using the panoramic switch on the new camera

DSC00021

Today we were going to the house of a friend of Carolyn’s daughter……Eddie lives in the Texas hill country about a 70 minute drive so picked up Kirsten and away we went the drive was lovely and what a shock when we reached Eddie’s “Mansion”.

The house is situated on the banks on the Guadalupe river and is magnificent…..so tastefully decorated and I immediately went walking on his property down by the river.

I must say I really like my new camera learning everyday how to use it but I like the shots!!!

DSC00039

DSC00041

DSC00042

DSC00046

DSC00049

DSC00051

DSC00052

DSC00057

DSC00059

It really is such a lovely setting and the house, the paintings, the furniture all very wonderful.

Eddie was what I would describe as a Southern gentleman, very nice and kind and he took us all to lunch at a lovely restaurant in the hills and the food was fabulous.

DSC00061

Afterwards they had to get back to the house to watch College football…I cannot believe they wanted to watch sports!!!!!  Listen to me!!!  Anyway Eddie had told me all about the deer in the area and he reckons that over 80 deer come through his property every day well I just had to find me a deer so I excused myself and went out hiking…..I had walked maybe three miles down this road without a sighting when I heard them before I saw them…about 30 feet in front of me 3 deer came from my right jumped over a small fence ran across the road over another fence and into the field and I thought WOW but then a few more deer did the same thing and then some babies and then some bigger deer I think in all maybe 20 passed right in front of me much to fast to get a photo but then I watched them in the field and I love the zoom on this camera!!!!

DSC00067

DSC00069

this deer was a ways away so yes the camera is a hit!!!  I walked back a happy man.

I then tried the panoramic feature on the camera and liked that too

DSC00063

We shortly after said thanks and goodbye to Eddie and the drive home I was driving but the girls told me how great the sunset was……

Now tired and happy relaxing in this great hotel room after a wonderful day full of Texan hospitality!!!

Yashi Koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...