Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wednesday 30th October 2013……..another busy day!!!

This morning after breakfast I want to prove to you that being retired is not all beach, fun, eating and drinking!!!!

DSCN6336

Finished my lesson plan for tonight’s class and then went into town to do some errands for my friend Rita, went to the bank and then off to poker…my winning ways continued only 85 pesos but a win is a win.

Afterwards I went to pick up Little Blackie which I had taken in for a full service…the scooter is a huge part of my life here use it everyday and it is so easy to get around these small busy streets.

Next I went to get Paola and we went and did some Halloween shopping she managed to get some treats plus some socks…..we went by this doorway and heard the noise of trumpet playing so I sneaked this photo

DSCN6338

I told Paola when I was her age I also used to play a trumpet  …my Dad and my brother would say that I did not play very well and they would be right!!!

Took the kid home and then went to my English class.

I had decided tonight would be a fun night and I bought some small chocolate bars and we played word games and it was great….. here they are a great class!!!

DSCN6339

When I divided the chocolates between them I had one left so I told them to guess my age and the one nearest gets the last chocolate…well this went well with guesses of 58, 61, 62, 64 until Margarita she is in the blue to said 69!!!!   needless to say she had her chocolate bars confiscated and extra homework….we all laughed so hard.

When the class finished the heavens opened and it just poured down so hard I got drenched on the way home.

Jumped in the shower and now watching Boston one innings away from the World series……special for me because I went to the Boston ball park last year!!

My friend Sara has just joined a sailing boat which is off the coast of Chile she is crewing for four months and sent me this photo never quite seen anything like it she describes it as a waterfall sunset!!

IMG_1582_resized

Yashi koshi!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...