Sunday, October 06, 2013

Sunday 6th October 2013…turning the corner!!!

I had a good sleep and was up at 8am I still felt achy and lethargic and not hungry and I decided it was time to call the Doctor…….so around 9.30am I called Dr.Learner and he asked me a lot of questions on the phone and asked for my address and said he would be at my casita at 11am…and he was!!!

He was very thorough in his questions as he wrote down my history and symptoms and then he gave me an extensive examination.  He is 99.9% sure that I have caught a nasty virus and that it is not related to my existing irregular heartbeat that has been with me for nearly 25 years…..he suggested that for someone as healthy as me not to spend all day on the couch and he prescribed me some pills to take that would help with the aches and pains and also that I should start to eat and he wants me to call him tomorrow morning.  He also wants me to get in touch with my Doctor back in Canada and have him fax over the last three years of my medical history especially my EKG results, this is something I will attempt to do tomorrow….I really liked the Doctor his charge was 700 pesos about 57 dollars.

So when he left I got on my scooter and went to Carolyn;’s house where she made me a wonderful protein fruity smoothie and took me to the pharmacy to get my pills they were 32 pesos, not even 3 dollars.  Back at Carolyn's house she let me sleep for an hour outside in the lovely sunshine then made me poached eggs and I took my pills.

Now at home and I fell much better a little tired but I do not have that beat up feeling.  Spoke to Linda on the phone and she has made me some chicken soup which she will bring over tomorrow…I am just wondering how I can milk this out for a few weeks to get food, soup and sympathy from Carolyn and Linda……

I have already cancelled my tennis game for Tuesday and do not intend to go to Yoga tomorrow but I will go to my English class tomorrow evening.

I am so blessed to have had such great health all my life this knocked me back a little but I feel so much better… but know I need to take it easy for a few more days…thanks for all the e mails of best wishes …

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...