Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday 27th October 2013….Headed into the hills!!

This day in 1919 by Dad was born and he has been gone over 7 years now…he made a huge impact in my life and was a constant supporter of all my career moves and an influence in my sporting life…thanks Dad love you. Here he is with his great grand son Tom!!!

dad

I gained an extra hour of sleep last night as we put our clocks back and I was awake at 7am and packed up as I was joining the hiking group for a long hike into the Sierra Gorda mountains……7 of us went in two cars and the drive was spectacular and took about 90 minutes!!!

DSCN6329

DSCN6331

Jock our leader led us off the main highway through a small village and are parking space for the hike.  The sun was shining the sky was a picture blue and a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning..enjoy the following photos….

DSCN6266

DSCN6269

DSCN6270

DSCN6279

A couple of other hikers on the trail…

DSCN6281

DSCN6286

DSCN6297

DSCN6303

DSCN6299

The above was out lunch stop quite stunning!!!!

DSCN6310

DSCN6316

DSCN6318

DSCN6323

This plant was quite different with the black edges..

DSCN6326

We reckon we walked about 5 miles and it was so beautiful and peaceful……a fantastic day!!!

I stopped in on the way back to see Carolyn and she is almost back to being 100% again……now home had supper and a long hot soak and alternating between MLS Soccer and the World series!!!!

Yashi Koshi!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...