Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday 18th October 2013……….Fridays come around so fast!!

The shot in today’s header is one I shall not forget or the day it was taken…… to read the whole story go to my archives and click on 5th August 2012….a great read even if I wrote it myself!!!!

Fridays are usually my bike hike days but just did not feel like doing one today so stayed home and had a late and lovely omelet and then went to visit my friend Rita, she suffers from the same breathing problems as Guy but like Guy she never complains and lives in a beautiful home and manages on her own…a remarkable lady.

I then went and picked up Carolyn from her class and took her to do a few chores before dropping her home and then I got back to my casita around 2.00 and the guilt took over so I went into the canyons behind my house for a couple of hours and of course I felt great and enjoyed the views and the quiet.

This evening Carolyn and I went to the great restaurant called Hansen’s, we have been here before and the food is wonderful we both felt completely gluttonous and had hamburgers and fries, the fries are the best I have tasted and the burger really was without question the best I have ever had.

When we got to the restaurant I saw the waitress that backed into me on the scooter last week..she was so embarrassed and said she was so sorry and I told her no worries…..well after our meal and when I asked for the bill out waitress brought  out to our table a delicious slice of chocolate cake saying it was a gift from Marina, the waitress who was driving the car, so sweet of her. 

We then stayed a couple of hours and played are favorite board game, will not boast about who won…    OK it was not me…..then Carolyn took me home.

I must say I am back to feeling 100% again and ready to continue my busy schedule it seems like Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays are my busiest with yoga, teaching, driving Miss. Paola….but not complaining love it all.

 

You may find this article interesting..

  • Condé Nast Traveler announces 2013 Readers' Choice Awards
  • Readers vote world's top city is San Miguel de Allende in Mexico
  • Charleston, South Carolina, takes top spot for ranking of U.S. cities

(CNN) -- How many have you been to? And do you agree with the rankings?

Condé Nast Traveler announced the winners of its 26th annual Readers' Choice Awards yesterday.

As they do every year, this year's results introduce new categories, new hotels and re-ordered lists of the world's best destinations.

The magazine said this year's list was the most comprehensive ever, with 1.3 million votes cast for a whopping 16,000 properties around the world.

Read: 12 VIP experiences actually worth the money

World's best cities

The "Top 25 Cities in the World" list had refreshingly surprising additions and rankings -- Paris came in at a lowly 22 while Bruges and Cape Town tied for 11th place.

Budapest and Florence tied for second, while the very top spot was seized by the colonial city of San Miguel de Allende in central Mexico, which took the crown from last year's favorite of Charleston, South Carolina (which was tied for fifth this year).

Italy snapped up five of the top 25 cities, while Spain managed to take three.

Despite its slide in the global rankings, Charleston was still voted the top city in the United States for the third year in a row, for its "sand, sun, history, good food and friendly people."

Read: The best of USA travel

More categories

In the "Top 100 Hotels and Resorts in the World" category, La Residence in South Africa and Lodge at Kauri Cliffs in Matauri Bay, New Zealand tied for first place, while Virgin America was named the No. 1 airline in the United States. Singapore Airlines came in first for international airlines.

Here's a small selection of the rankings.

Top cities in the world

1. San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
2.= Budapest, Hungary
2.= Florence, Italy
4. Salzburg, Austria
5.= Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5.= San Sebastián, Spain
7. Vienna, Austria
8. Rome
9. Siena, Italy
10. Québec City
11.= Cape Town, South Africa
11.= Bruges, Belgium
13. Vancouver, Canada
14. Kyoto, Japan
15.= Prague, Czech Republic
15.= Kraków, Poland
17.= Victoria, Canada
17.= Sydney
17.= Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States
20.= Seville, Spain
20.= Beirut, Lebanon
22.= Paris
22.= Melbourne, Australia
24.= Venice, Italy
24.= Barcelona, Spain

Top cities in the United States

1. Charleston, South Carolina
2. Sante Fe, New Mexico
3. San Francisco
4. Honolulu
5. Chicago

Top hotels and resorts in the world

1.= Lodge at Kauri Cliffs in Maturi Bay, New Zealand
1.= La Residence, Franschhoek, South Africa
3.= Singita Sabi Sand, South Africa
3.= Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve, South Africa
5. Grand Hotel Timeo, Sicily

Top U.S. airlines

1. Virgin America
2. Jetblue Airways
3. Hawaiian Airlines
4. Southwest Air Lines
5. Alaska Airlines

Top international airlines

1. Singapore Airlines
2. Emirates
3. Virgin Atlantic
4. Etihad Airways
5. Air New Zealand

 

pura Vida!!!

No comments:

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...