Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday 11th October 2013………an easy day!!!

Feeling I think like I have shaken off the virus I caught for good and hopefully I will get my first tennis game in tomorrow morning.

I did some banking this morning and then went on a turkey hunt.

I had asked Carolyn if she would  cook me a turkey breast dinner on Monday, Canadian Thanksgiving, and she said not only would she do that but she would cook me a full turkey dinner if I would find the turkey.

Easy to do right….just go to the super market….I went to all three of the stores  and none of them had turkeys in stock so I went to an Organic market that has a great reputation and did locate a turkey and bought it.  End of story right….wrong…..imagine how much an organic 7.9kg turkey would cost and then double it…..i I walked out of there with Reggie(yes I even have names for turkeys) happy to have him but a huge dent in the pocket book but I have lots to give thanks for.

turkey

I was then invited to Sharon's for lunch, she is my great land lady and there were some other folks there and we had a great time…..was home in time for the huge soccer game between England and Montenegro..it was an entertaining game although a little part of me was cheering for Montenegro after my visit there last year but England prevailed and have almost booked their place for the World Cup next year in Brail.

This evening the clouds turned black and thunder and lightening was in full force I hope the courts dry quickly for tomorrow.

A lovely tree close to my casita

DSCN6033

DSCN6034

After I posted last night I went over to Carolyn's for a while and on my way there on my one year anniversary of my scooter I was hit by a car.  It was not as dramatic as it sounds but it could have been a lot worse….the streets in town are narrow and a lot of them one way streets..I was following a line of cars and came to a 4 way cross roads and the car in front of me got almost across the junction going straight but then stopped I was going right but had to stop also..then the lady driving the car put her vehicle into reverse as she I guessed wanted to turn right so she backed up whilst talking on her cell phone and was coming straight for me…I managed to accelerate and tried to get out of her way but she clipped my left fender as I turned away from her, she never saw me…..I did not fall off and was not hurt in any way….I pulled over to the side and she did also and I checked and had a very minor scrape on the fender…..the lady was very attractive and spoke English and said she was so sorry and was I OK…I realized that I knew her she is a waitress in one of my favorite restaurants and then she recognized me and was so sorry…I just told her no problem but please no more talking on the cell phone when driving and to pay attention and also for me to get extra French fries next visit to the restaurant..it finished with smile and hugs and kisses………never a dull day!!!

 

Yashi Koshi!!!

2 comments:

living.boondockingmexico said...

You won't see turkeys in the supermarkets for another month. Costco might be a good choice. We had one for Christmas last year at Hacienda, but it was a home grown turkey.

mexicokid said...

I hoe I save enough money to buy one at Christmas...cheers les

Thursday 5 th January 2023…it was a great run!!!

 This was my first ever blog post back in November of 2006!!! With just a couple of days off I have written a blog every day since and I hav...